Author Topic: New GS-911 Wireless Device, Poor Connections  (Read 3287 times)

hedkase

New GS-911 Wireless Device, Poor Connections
« on: July 12, 2024, 07:43:57 AM »
Picked up a new GS-911 Wireless a couple days ago and have had nothing but issues trying to get a reliable wireless connection.

Adding my home wifi was easy enough to setup but only stays connected to the app for 20 seconds before disconnecting. Odd thing is, my router still shows the device as being on the network. I'm connecting to a commercial Wi-Fi network and the access point/router is three feet away.

Attempting to add my iPhone hotspot doesn't work at all. When adding the SSID, setting the encryption and entering the password, the data does not save. I hit the save button but as soon as I hit save, all data is gone. That save still shows as being saved but when I go to edit/view the details, all fields are empty.
I've followed the instructions for the hotspot setup several times with no luck.
https://www.hexgs911.com/faq/cant-i-just-use-my-phone-tablet-as-a-wifi-hotspot/

I'm unable to connect GS-911 Wireless to my bike and have wireless enabled. Only D2D works -- can't switch to wireless mode while connected to bike because the hotspot details don't save and if I choose my Wi-Fi, it'll only stay connected for 20 seconds.

Device has latest firmware and is registered. I've also restored factory settings several times but same behavior persists.

Any ideas?

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: New GS-911 Wireless Device, Poor Connections
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2024, 02:39:52 AM »
Welcome to the forum, precisely which GS911 model did you purchase & was it purchased new or used ?

hedkase

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2024, 02:42:34 AM »
It's the GS-911 Wireless (OBD-II) that I purchased new off Amazon.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2024, 03:10:54 AM »

Understood, unusual for an issue as you describe, as it is new I would go back to the amazon reseller, was the packaging sealed etc on delivery ?, the other aspect which confused me a little was you referred to your home WiFi network then referred to a commercial WiFi network. Did you check operation with USB ?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2024, 03:12:25 AM by WayneC »

hedkase

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2024, 03:14:41 AM »

Understood, unusual for an issue as you describe, as it is new I would go back to the amazon reseller, was the packaging sealed etc on delivery ?, the other aspect which confused me a little was you referred to your home WiFi network then referred to a commercial WiFi network

yah, I just meant that my wi-fi setup at home is actually a commercial installation. It's very robust.

I did setup a return for the unit and ordered a new one. Hopefully this'll sort out my issues.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2024, 04:10:18 AM »

Understood, unusual for an issue as you describe, as it is new I would go back to the amazon reseller, was the packaging sealed etc on delivery ?, the other aspect which confused me a little was you referred to your home WiFi network then referred to a commercial WiFi network

yah, I just meant that my wi-fi setup at home is actually a commercial installation. It's very robust.

I did setup a return for the unit and ordered a new one. Hopefully this'll sort out my issues.

Understood re the WiFi network, soumds like a multi tenant system in a large building

Probably best to do the return & replacement, you could let Hexcode know on their support ticket system

https://www.hexgs911.com/contact-us/
« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 03:47:55 PM by Francois Barnard »

carl_shal

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2024, 09:45:49 PM »
Same here. I purchased it from a reseller here in Canada - DualSport. It is connected to my wifi at home and can't connect to the cloud.  I tried using my laptop connected to my home wifi and had the same issue.  I'm just unable to get that thing working.  I have a case opened, but because of the timezone, it's pretty hard.  I might return it.  It is not very reliable.  If I can't code my bike, I can get any other OBDII to perform a service reset function at a 3rd of the price.  I will give HEXCODE a chance to solve it.

hedkase

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2024, 02:13:44 AM »
Same here. I purchased it from a reseller here in Canada - DualSport. It is connected to my wifi at home and can't connect to the cloud.  I tried using my laptop connected to my home wifi and had the same issue.  I'm just unable to get that thing working.  I have a case opened, but because of the timezone, it's pretty hard.  I might return it.  It is not very reliable.  If I can't code my bike, I can get any other OBDII to perform a service reset function at a 3rd of the price.  I will give HEXCODE a chance to solve it.

I went back and forth with Hex for days on this issue. They kept suggesting things to try that I had already tried. Finally, I ordered a new one and returned the old. New one connected as it should. I think there was a hardware issue with mine. Could be the same for you.

hedkase

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2024, 06:09:40 PM »
You can try resetting the GS-911 to factory settings again and see if that allows you to connect in wireless mode.

I tried that many times with no change in behavior. You may have better luck...

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2024, 11:44:42 AM »
You can try resetting the GS-911 to factory settings again and see if that allows you to connect in wireless mode.

I tried that many times with no change in behavior. You may have better luck...

Bevisflyn is an AI Spammer, note the link in the signature