General Category > Engine related issues

R1100S no start

<< < (3/3)

FBT80:
It's spraying but not like a one ft pattern. I'll send you a spray pattern on cardboard. service@dsmc.co.za ?
I've a dial indicator for valve setting on inline 4's but I'm sure I don't have an extension that long. Will need to source. The pump is new I installed it and the old one tested good as well, as did the pump plate. I'll pull the injectors and see if the fuel rail is shooting out lots of fuel, should be a lot right? 43+PSI.

Since I can lock the engine at TDC with the bar through the locking hole, I'll try setting it at lock position, remove bar and turn CW until I hear the click.

FBT80:
With great diagnostic advice from JugHead the issue was found and a theory devised. Newly installed after-market fuel pump draws more amperage than the stock 15amp fuel relay can handle, thus disconnecting the fuel pump at startup. Solution installed a 30amp relay and it seems problem is solved.

FBT80:
...and it wasn't the problem. I got a new HES that was faulty on the fuel sensor...what are the odds?... installed a new HES replacement and bike started right up. Morel of the story is the GS-911 does not talk to the HES it only talks to ECU, both will only report that it is connected or not and when rotated if the two sensors activate or not. It only reports the condition it is presently in when asked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version