General Category > Engine related issues

R1100S no start

(1/3) > >>

FBT80:
Help!!! 2003 R1100s w/ABSII. Chasing a no start situation that started after parking on a trip and never started again. I have: Replaced the Hall ( frayed wires), replaced the fuel pump, pump plate tested well) I have spark, I have fuel to the injectors, nothing coming out of the injectors. I have checked all fuses, I switched both injectors for known functioning ones, still the injectors are not triggering. Nothing shows up in the GS-911 other than Hall faults (because the engine doesn't run) ECU test passed, cycle the fuel pump passed, Hall sensor test passed..........

Jughead:
Check that you reconnected the fuel lines in the correct place.

The line from the pump (pressure) goes to the lower of the two lines that disappear between the airbox and the battery.

The upper pipe is the return from the pressure regulator back to the tank.  If you have them swapped over, you will have no fuel from the injectors.

FBT80:
Good tip, but I had installed quick disconnects a while back, so impossible to mix-up. It's as if the injectors will not open. Also checked the pistons with a bore scope to see if they were holed or had no compression, but both are fine and when I pulled one injector to verify they weren't spraying almost sucked my finger into the injector hole, so yeah I have compression.

Jughead:
Are all te fuses in tact?  Also check (and maybe swap out) the relays.  I know there is a fuse and relay that controls the Motronic box.

FBT80:
Thanks Jughead for trying to help, as far as I know all fuses look good, the GS-911 passed the ECU test, the Hall test and said the pump passed as well. Starting to think I'm missing something obvious. I'll try and identify the ECU fuse and see if I missed that. The only 2 fault codes were the hall sensor because the engine wasn't running. But it said to crank the bike and they could be cleared anyway. I did that and now have no faults...and still no boom boom. When I pulled the new injectors to replace with the old ones that I know work, the injector fuel line pissed out fuel so I know fuel is getting to the injectors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version