Author Topic: New to everything - how in the do you remove the rev limiter on the S1000XR?  (Read 21740 times)

ar15moto

>:(

Seriously lame that there isn't one detailed post about how to remove the rev limiter on the S1000XR.
I have the GS911.
It's set up properly, all of the latest software is being used.

Connect the stupid thing up to the computer and the bike, where in the is the "button" to remove the break in rev limiter?

Where's the detailed post on how to do this?

For as much money as I spent on this piece of there should be detailed instructions on how to make all of the functions work.

WayneC

• Beta testers
Which version of GS911 is it and which version of software are you using ?
As I understand it, the feature you refer to has only just been put into the beta PC software which is normally ahead of any documentation

ar15moto

911 = wifi
Software = latest beta 16 oct 15
wifi = latest update

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
Firstly, I think you need to realise that the GS911 is first and foremost a diagnostic tool.  The fact that it has other funky functionality is a bonus.  Phrases like "seriously lame", "stupid thing" and "piece of .." do not encourage assistance here.  (Well, not from me anyway!)

As far as I am aware, the removal of the rev limiter is only on the K024 (CAN-bus) models.

If the "Rev Limiter" option is not available under "Engine", then it is not available for your model.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 07:08:04 AM by Jughead »

WayneC

• Beta testers
It is there for at least one of the new S1000 models and I hear selecting one of them will enable deactivating as the routine is common to them but that it is not in all versions of their ECU firmware. Software development does not happen by magic, good feedback from owners helps  ;D

ar15moto

So I bought this thing to specifically remove the rev limiter.
I was told that it can do it.

"Typically the rev limiter function is under the engine section and then service functions. Please confirm that you are using the latest beta program, and that you have confirmed that your Wifi Utility Program is updated (check for updates there). Let me know what you find and I'll do my best to help.
Best regards,
Ted Porter"

Here's the screen shot of the "engine function" of the 911 tool for "service functions".

Nadda, zip, nothing.

I am going to return this thing.

I have spent way too much time on it.

It would be nice if there were detailed instructions for these things.

Thank you for the help.

Jughead

• Beta testers
It is there for at least one of the new S1000 models and I hear selecting one of them will enable deactivating as the routine is common to them but that it is not in all versions of their ECU firmware. Software development does not happen by magic, good feedback from owners helps  ;D

Edited by admin to remove foul language.

You forget to take your medication this morning ,dude?

So maybe this is more to your liking - Please ar15moto (I don't know what else to call you as you haven't even had the decency to introduce yourself) pretty please try to choose the S1000RR K024 and try to deactivate the limiter there.  Please.

As Wayne has stated (maybe you missed it) " the routine is common to them but that it is not in all versions of their ECU firmware."

Pretty, pretty, please.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 03:26:12 PM by kobus »

Jughead

• Beta testers
So I bought this thing to specifically remove the rev limiter.
I was told that it can do it.

Who buys something like a GS911 to specifically remove the rev limiter, which is a once off function?  What did you intend to do with the unit once you have removed the limiter?  A rather expensive paperweight?

You could have saved a lot of money by just taking your bike to your nearest BMW dealer and ask them to remove the limiter.

schuppi

"You could have saved a lot of money by just taking your bike to your nearest BMW dealer and ask them to remove the limiter."

YES!

and given a smile to jughead 8)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 11:47:39 AM by schuppi »
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more

kobus

• Beta testers
    • GS-911
@ar15moto

I have removed the posts that contain foul language - it's against our forum rules.

In general you would get a better/quicker response if you post in the right section - I just happened to look at the "Introduce yourself... " section today to find this post.
You could also send a mail to our help desk which means somebody from our staff will help you quicker.

If you have setup your device to connect to the internet you could just browse to it (see screenshot).
You could also update to 1510.3 of the PC app which fixes the issue.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 03:46:27 PM by kobus »
---
R1200GS Adventure (personal weapon of choice)
... and then the company fleet.

Jughead

• Beta testers
@ar15moto

I have removed the posts that contain foul language - it's against our forum rules.

Dam, did I miss it?!  ;D

kobus

• Beta testers
    • GS-911
@ar15moto

Dam, did I miss it?!  ;D
I thought you were referring to a large body of water...  ;D
---
R1200GS Adventure (personal weapon of choice)
... and then the company fleet.

ar15moto

So maybe this is more to your liking - Please ar15moto (I don't know what else to call you as you haven't even had the decency to introduce yourself) pretty please try to choose the S1000RR K024 and try to deactivate the limiter there.  Please.

I tried all of the "S" modes.
They either won't work with the S1000XR or they too have the "blanked-off" service functions.

ar15moto

Who buys something like a GS911 to specifically remove the rev limiter, which is a once off function?  What did you intend to do with the unit once you have removed the limiter?  A rather expensive paperweight?
You could have saved a lot of money by just taking your bike to your nearest BMW dealer and ask them to remove the limiter.

Why should you care about why I bought the GS911.
If you work for the company then all you should care about is that I bought a product from you and that it works as advertised and that I am a happy customer.

ar15moto

Now THIS is what customer service is all about.

From Ted Porter:

Hello Joe,

Well you can see how responsive and supportive the Hexcode team is, here's the response I got from them. There was a bug and they fixed it. Thanks for pointing this out:

Ticket #11128077: Rev Limiter S1000XR
Comment by: Francois
.---
| Hi Ted
|
| This is already available in the PC app. We have only discovered just now that there is a problem with the latest release (1510.2) that disables all the service functions for K001 bikes. We have fixed that, and the new 1510.3 version is now available for download.
|
| The RPM limit switch function is located in the "BMSX Configuration" group under the engine service functions.
|
| Kind regards
`---

So please go download the latest release version, you'll find the function to disable rev limiter as described above.

Best regards,

Ted Porter