Author Topic: GS-911 Version 1509.2 Released  (Read 21185 times)

kobus

• Beta testers
    • GS-911
GS-911 Version 1509.2 Released
« on: September 17, 2015, 09:47:09 AM »
Hi All

GS-911 Beta V1509.2 is available for download as well as a software upgrade for GS-911wifi interfaces.

The major addition to this release is the XESA,XSAF,XRDC and XFSA service functionality, available in the PC app as well as on the cloud.
This allows calibration of the electronic suspension on all K001 models and windscreen calibration on the K1600 and R1200RT LC models.

See the news item on our website for the change list.

Thank you.
Kobus
---
R1200GS Adventure (personal weapon of choice)
... and then the company fleet.

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: GS-911 Version 1509.2 Released
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 04:59:31 AM »
Downloaded it and used it in some testing yesterday, all seems fine so far

The Windows menu items could be increased in font for touch screen devices similar to the Series Menu if it is possible that is

kobus

• Beta testers
    • GS-911
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 12:28:37 PM »
Is the font still to small, even with the "Optimize for Touchscreen" option selected?
---

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 12:45:32 PM »
Yes, does not seem to change with the setting on/off, unlike the Series Menu which is great and a wee bit embarrassing as I suggested you do it in the last release thread only to find you had already done it in the last beta :(

The Win 8.1 is tablet with all patches other than the Win10 sucker updates

Francois Cilliers

• Beta testers
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 03:01:45 PM »

The Windows menu items could be increased in font for touch screen devices similar to the Series Menu if it is possible that is

Some items, such as the Windows application menubar, are a little more difficult to optimize for touch screens, but we are continually working to improve that. We do recognise that it is important, but we hope you can manage with the current implementation for the time being. :)

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 04:36:40 AM »

Some items, such as the Windows application menubar, are a little more difficult to optimize for touch screens, but we are continually working to improve that. We do recognise that it is important, but we hope you can manage with the current implementation for the time being. :)

Yes it is manageable and I realise menu bar may be a hard ask to increase font. I am sure there are other more urgent tasks for the moment

Dann

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 01:20:57 AM »
This new release solved the  autoscan problem where my Actual I-Level was reported as unknown using the USB connection with the PC software. It now reports the actual I-Level correctly.  :)

My ESA and Hal sensor are still not reported as being fitted on the bike though. ( Using the USB cable and the PC software )

As requested I sent a log report.

Francois Cilliers

• Beta testers
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 12:40:54 PM »
This new release solved the  autoscan problem where my Actual I-Level was reported as unknown using the USB connection with the PC software. It now reports the actual I-Level correctly.  :)

My ESA and Hal sensor are still not reported as being fitted on the bike though. ( Using the USB cable and the PC software )

As requested I sent a log report.

Thank you for the logs. We have verified that your bike's ZFE is responding that an ESA is fitted, and the GS-911 PC software is reporting it incorrectly. This will be fixed in our next release. Thank you for your help! :)

kobus

• Beta testers
    • GS-911
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 03:59:04 PM »
Hi All

GS-911 Beta V1510.1 is available for download - this is essentially the same as V1509.2 but fixes 2 serious issues:
1) The app expired 1 October instead of 1 December.
2) When it expires, the app crashes while checking for an update  :-[

So please download the latest Beta using the downloader as usual.
---

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 04:09:22 PM »
Ah, you are around 9 hours too late, ran into the problem earlier today diagnosing problems on a Husky Terra, caught me by surprise

Did the diagnosis with the older release version and confirmed the same faults were seen and fault clearing worked with the WiFi as well so all good

Downloaded the 1510.1 version, it installed onto my WinXP/7/8 systems without problems, probably wont get to use it for a few days though

One aspect of the last 3 PC app versions  is they seem to take a long time to load on win8 unlike other apps

kobus

• Beta testers
    • GS-911
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2015, 04:44:32 PM »
One aspect of the last 3 PC app versions  is they seem to take a long time to load on win8 unlike other apps

If have also noticed this (I'm on Windows 10), but this seems to be a change in the way the built in anti-virus (Windows Defender) now works - the first time you run a newly installed app, it takes quite a while to scan the .exe - after that it is quick.

Can you confirm whether the loading time remains long, even after running the app once?
---

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2015, 04:58:52 PM »

If have also noticed this (I'm on Windows 10), but this seems to be a change in the way the built in anti-virus (Windows Defender) now works - the first time you run a newly installed app, it takes quite a while to scan the .exe - after that it is quick.

Can you confirm whether the loading time remains long, even after running the app once?

I noticed it was not always consistent but had not isolated it, the device is a Win 8.1 tablet, fully up to date (without the W10/Telemetry rubbish) but not connected to any net, you may well have identified it, I will do a little testing and see if I can work it out

The really good news though is the Terra owner was so happy to identify the faults today even though it proved he did not reconnect coil 1 properly a few days ago  ;D, his ears are still a little red and we had a good laugh about it

Dann

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2015, 08:21:35 PM »

Thank you for the logs. We have verified that your bike's ZFE is responding that an ESA is fitted, and the GS-911 PC software is reporting it incorrectly. This will be fixed in our next release. Thank you for your help! :)

I just installed the 1510.2 Beta Windows PC application and everything is reported correctly now.

Keep up the good work
Thanks.  ;D ;D ;D

[/quote]

kobus

• Beta testers
    • GS-911
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2015, 04:13:20 PM »
GS-911 V1510 (October release) is now available.
---