Author Topic: Please add the option to show the actual speed on the digital speedometer  (Read 14716 times)

hammick

An annoying thing about BMW bikes and their cars is that their speedometers read 3-4mph high.  The computer knows the actual speed but because of a German law manufactures calibrate them high (see below).

The digital speedos on my R1200GSAW and R1200RW are about 3.5mph high.

BMW cars can easily be coded to show the actual speed.  I would love to see this coding option in the GS911 software.

"European law (ECE-R39) says speedometers cannot show speeds less than the actual speed, and they must never show more than the 110 per cent of actual speed plus 4 km/h. So, under those rules, a car could be moving at 100 km/h, but the speedometer could legally display as high as 114 km/h."

GixY2K

I second that request.

Great suggestion.  Not only for the speedo error introduced at the factory, but also to fix that cause by modifications.

chewie

Me 3.

I'm GS-911 Wifi owner. I would sure like to be able to adjust(correct) the speedo on both my -14r1200gs and 2011 f650gs.

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
Would be nice, but not a standard coding option on the Bike clusters... There must be a hidden value somewhere... but none documented in anything I've seen...

best
Stephan
currently riding:
    BMW F850GS Adv - slightly modified
    HD Pan America - development bike for ezCAN

rMach

Only just purchased a 911wifi and this is the first thing I thought I'd look into to see if there was a solution.  Sadly it doesn't look that way, but I too would be extremely grateful to see this capability introduced.
2015 S1000RR