Author Topic: Connection problem gs911 to pc  (Read 23106 times)

karih

Connection problem gs911 to pc
« on: October 21, 2014, 05:12:44 PM »
Hello There!
Can anybody help me about this issue? When i try to install my 911 as advice´d homepage's video. First starting downloader utility, connect my 911 to usb cable to pc and start to gs911 downloader. next came this: Failed to coimmunicate whit the gs-911 interface, please check that the interface and usb cable is connected properly to a usb socket...
Well, i have been try to 3 different cable and 5 different pc. Every time same txt.
I have try to install small cd (incluted in bagage) same thing, no connection check that 911's led is green. It remains red for mine device.
I have been found similar kind of problem in you tube as mine are. This is not mine video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnmh4WDHJ5M   ,but exactly similar as mine.
If i check windows devicemanager i can see that there is connected HEX CODE USB or Bluetooth interface in the usb port.
Any ideas for enybody??  ::)

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Connection problem gs911 to pc
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 02:46:27 AM »
Can you indicate where you purchased the GS911 ?, would appreciate it so we can be of assistance

mike d

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 04:59:38 PM »
If he has a GS-911 with a CD then it sounds like a fake copy to me.

Mike

Inspector Gadget

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 04:40:38 AM »
Please have a look at the following link;
http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/counterfeit

And the actions *you* should take.

Indeed, HexCode's GS911 do *not* ship with a CD. Full stop.
So, from that statement, it appears that you have indeed a counterfeit version.
I would recommend contacting the seller and request your money back.

And I'm also sorry to report you are not the first one to report a dud, the fake ones are notoriously unreliable, stop to operate permanently and so on.

Also take action to inform your local authorities about this fraud.

Good luck getting it sorted, move swift, without hesitation and do not take prisoners!  ;)

karih

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 10:14:44 AM »
Thanks for a information. Looks like i have been screwed. Acutually  i get this 911 in Germany. My friends son lived in there, so i ask, if he could bring from touratec this gs911 for me, i even send a hyperlink via e-mail to him. German toratech web shop have economical prize than a Sweeden webshop. So he found a cheaper one. I believe it was from  here: http://www.idealobd.de/bmw-benz-diagnostic-tool/663-gs-911-emergency-diagnostic-tool-for-bmw-motorcycles.html

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 10:27:53 AM »
The other items for sale on that web site indicate they are engaged in selling non original components to put it politely

Could you obtain confirmation it was that location the GS911 was purchased please ?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:57:24 AM by WayneC »

karih

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 10:48:17 AM »
I have been ask any document or e-mail for him about this case, but anything not been found yet. There must been a bank note or something.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 10:58:43 AM »
Anything you can find would assist in ensuring others are not caught out as well

Inspector Gadget

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 01:32:45 AM »
You should return the unit to your friends son and ask him to pay you back the full amount.
From your response, he took it upon himself to seek a different "cheaper" supplier.
Your friends son should contact the aforementioned seller and demand his money back, in full as well.

I do not know who the formal distributor is for HexCode in Germany, but they possibly can be formally entitled/empowered by HexCode as the manufacturer to inform the local (German, in this case) trade-authorities and try to shut this supply-link down that way.
But perhaps HexCode themselves need to take action upon it themselves, I'm not too familiar with German trade-laws.

But don't be fooled, that the company behind that webshop is apparently located in the UK, according to their website.
And I wouldn't be surprised if that ended being a PO-box company that ends up in, you guessed it, China.

So, from your Sweden you can do little else then request the money back from your friends son.
Taking legal action from Sweden to this "German" company is next to impossible as you yourself did not do any business with them.
That is up to your friends son or HexCode themselves, as their copyrights are being infringed.

But that in the end is often a very difficult, quite lengthy and expensive endeavor, with these types of "shady" webshops.

Your focus should be to get your money back.
And, perhaps very black-and-white, that should come from your friends son.

karih

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 08:03:00 PM »
Thanks for yours advise, but i think i have been pay at my lesson and newer ask any favors for anyone anymore. This fellow has no any document left in this payment, so only i know, this item is been shipped in China and that´s all.
I hope that so another biker's read this story and learn something about it.
He only think to do his best, but succeed  it very poorly.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 10:09:41 PM »
The name and address  of the company it was shipped from would be good to post here

Inspector Gadget

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 12:38:57 AM »
Very sad to read you're not succeeding in getting your money back.  :'(

Based upon HexCode's write-up (http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/counterfeit) I give this advice to any future purchases from possible flaky GS911 sellers;

Ask if the software is included and/or a CD is included.
If the seller states yes, walk away, far way. And never look back.

kobus

• Beta testers
    • GS-911
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 06:49:31 PM »
I do not know who the formal distributor is for HexCode in Germany, but they possibly can be formally entitled/empowered by HexCode as the manufacturer to inform the local (German, in this case) trade-authorities and try to shut this supply-link down that way.
But perhaps HexCode themselves need to take action upon it themselves, I'm not too familiar with German trade-laws.

But don't be fooled, that the company behind that webshop is apparently located in the UK, according to their website.
And I wouldn't be surprised if that ended being a PO-box company that ends up in, you guessed it, China.

So, from your Sweden you can do little else then request the money back from your friends son.
Taking legal action from Sweden to this "German" company is next to impossible as you yourself did not do any business with them.
That is up to your friends son or HexCode themselves, as their copyrights are being infringed.
This company is actually operating from China but posing as a German company. Operating like the true pirates they are, they are a blight on any form of development and innovation (and for that matter on the general economy).
But we will take action - it is just extremely distracting and expensive for a small company like us who would rather spend our time developing great products.
---
R1200GS Adventure (personal weapon of choice)
... and then the company fleet.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 05:11:21 AM »
Yes, they operate in violation of the terms and conditions of the hosting company their site is hosted on yet time and time again the hosting companies insist that they can only act to take the sites down if issued with a court order, in this case it seems an Austrian court

Pressure has been brought to bear but has not borne fruit, if it did they would simply move the site to another hosting Co. The operator of the site is also not answering enquiries, at least when the enquiry asks re software upgrade capability of the product
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 05:14:35 AM by WayneC »