Author Topic: R1200GS - Internal control module error (ABS)  (Read 6236 times)

bwallis42

R1200GS - Internal control module error (ABS)
« on: June 09, 2014, 01:24:35 PM »
I was doing a little work on my bike today (2005 R1200GS), it has been sitting for three days but is usually ridden at least 5 days a week. It has been quite wet here of late and the bike has been living under a bike cover out in the weather for the last four months (it is now, for the last 5 days, living in my *new* garage!) So it has out of the rain at night but the cover tends to keep it quite humid underneath.

So, the problem (autoscan attached) that appeared is

25152   Internal control module error - unpermissible EEPROM data read
The fault is currently present.

The rear servo pump (I think it was the rear one) was running continuously. With the GS911 plugged in it even kept running after the ignition was switched off until I disconnected the GS911. The brake light remained on as well.

I tried ignition on/off and disconnecting the battery as well but the fault would not clear. I disconnected the rear switch and tried shorting the connections in case the switch had gone open circuit but no difference.

I decided to take the bike for a run to warm it up and maybe dry out anything that might still be wet so I went inside and changed and about 10 minutes later I turned on the ignition and the fault had gone away!

I went for a ride for about 30 minutes,  brakes are working, ABS functioning as it should. The fault hasn't come back.

So, anyone got any idea what this error indicates? I got to say, I'm a bit worried given all the problems this units have caused over the years. My unit was replaced under warranty when the bike was one year old so it is about an 8 year old iABS in a 9 year old bike. The fluid is changed every other year with the last change about a year ago.