Author Topic: Dash Display - Heated Grips  (Read 7384 times)

B4ndit

Dash Display - Heated Grips
« on: February 14, 2014, 05:38:09 PM »
I am a new GS 911 user.  Whilst going through the various functions I carried out the cluster tests. On the LCD display I noticed a heated grips symbol (Low right) which remained for a little while after I disconnected the 911. However when I changed the heat setting or turned the grips off the symbol didn't change in anyway. My question is:-

Can this heated grip symbol be turned on via the 911 and left on in a fully functioning mode.

Personally I have always felt that there was too much blank space on the display. It easily has the space to show at least two of the computer functions.

Haakon

Re: Dash Display - Heated Grips
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 09:05:49 PM »
What bike, type and year? :)
2000 F650-GS

B4ndit

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 09:44:27 PM »
Late 2011 BMW R1200 GSA UK Spec.

beemer

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 03:37:29 PM »
No it can't be turned on.BMW basically use the same LCD for various models so that's why is it present.For example when you buy brand new instrument cluster and you plug it into your bike those symbols are usualy on,as soon as you programme it,your bike's vehicle order will be written into that instrument cluster and you will se only symbols that correspond with your bike's specs.

B4ndit

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 10:09:35 PM »
That makes sense. Thanks for your reply. It also answers why their are other strange symbols that I saw.