Author Topic: R1300GS GS911 Compatibility  (Read 495 times)

Nedmoto

R1300GS GS911 Compatibility
« on: October 03, 2024, 04:50:36 AM »
I know the GS911 is not fully functional with the R1300GS due to the new programming BMW installed on the newer models.  I emailed Hexcan and got back and seemingly an underwhelming answer. The issue is I removed the stock fog lamps and added a Hexcan to power a pair of Denali S4's.  So now with the open circuit on the stock fog lamps I get a fault, the GS911 recognizes the fault but is unable to clear it.   Any ideas?

Namor

Re: R1300GS GS911 Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2024, 04:38:00 PM »
Same problem and no solution. :(

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: R1300GS GS911 Compatibility
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2024, 03:02:07 AM »
I know the GS911 is not fully functional with the R1300GS due to the new programming BMW installed on the newer models.  I emailed Hexcan and got back and seemingly an underwhelming answer. The issue is I removed the stock fog lamps and added a Hexcan to power a pair of Denali S4's.  So now with the open circuit on the stock fog lamps I get a fault, the GS911 recognizes the fault but is unable to clear it.   Any ideas?

The issue in removal of the stock fog lights generating fault codes is that ECU firmware is monitoring current through the circuit & unless BMW have allowed for turning off the monitoring via coding there would be little that Hexcode could do to stop the fault codes

On other older models it has been possible to stop fault codes for removed devices by plugging in either a resistor or a 3rd party module an example is the module for where exhaust flap has been removed