Author Topic: EZ can bus  (Read 893 times)

Cowasaki

EZ can bus
« on: August 28, 2024, 10:17:52 AM »
I bought the second gen EZcan and it works as described but the method to switch lights on and off is a right pain so I have channel 1 for my spot lights and channel two for my fog lights then feed these two permanently on connections to three relays (2 for the fogs giving front and rear). I have another channel giving me ignition on and this feeds the positive switch of the relay with ground going via three BMW like switches on the bars. This just works but is not great for the wiring bundle under the seat!

So the new EZcan bus seems ideal. Switches linked to the EZcan and then outputs I can switch on and off. Perfect. But….

Why tell us about this new thing with absolutely no details whatsoever about what accessories are available and how much they are! Is is possible to get technical details so I can design and build my own EZ can bus accessories?

This really does sound like a good idea but don’t tease with no actual information!!

Ruan

• Administrator
Re: EZ can bus
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2024, 11:19:36 AM »
Hi Cowasaki

Thanks for the details provided, before getting to the ezBUS details, is there a specific reason you have all the relays installed along with the ezCAN? Keep in mind, the ezCAN is in essence a smart relay and switch device, which uses electronic fuses and reading CAN data to control accessories, thus, no need to have the standard relays still installed, as this may cause odd behaviour.

Then, the ezBUS release is something that's been pending for the last few years, and as a result of numerous things, has been delayed quite some time. We've got quite a string of devices that's in line to come out next, but our first release has been with one of our affiliates, AdMore. The AdMore ezLINK is effectively the first smart, compatible LIN device that's built by ourselves to utilise 1 output for 4 different functions:
https://admorelighting.com/product/admore-ezlink/

There are some more affiliate related releases planned in the near future, as well as some generic additions that we're planning to release, so I'd suggest staying tuned into our newsletter for new releases that reveal the detail I cannot yet...  :)

Kind regards
Ruan

Cowasaki

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2024, 01:20:35 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

Are you going to release enough info for people to build their own devices?

The reason I am using three relays is because I couldn’t get a way that I could simply switch all three pairs of lights on and off simply and know they are on or off. Had you had access to the LCD to add features that would have been ideal but pressing and holding various buttons for lengths of time doesn’t really help me. I’m using the device as a buffer effectively separating my wiring from BMW’s. They said that if I break into their original wiring it would likely affect the warranty and it’s a new bike.

It’s a shame there wasn’t a switch input on the original device :-) also I have 3 pairs of lights that need switching plus a brake light and I would also need an ignition live for cameras etc.

Ruan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2024, 04:29:16 PM »
Hi Cowasaki

At the current moment, there isn't any plans to allow 3rd party designed interfaces to connect via the LIN channel, as we want these accessories to be quality and robust, I don't know whether it will be available at a later stage though.

I understand, one of the items that's in the pipeline will actually be handy for your needs - some visual representation with a 1 button suites all solution.

Kind regards and safe travels

Cowasaki

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2024, 07:29:00 AM »
I’ve just had a look at the admore stuff but unfortunately no switches. Looks like I’m going to have to design and build my own. What I have works but it was never a permanent solution. I’ll shrink it down using smaller sized relays and a microcontroller linked to the buttons on the handlebar and the rest of the electronics. It would be nice to link in with the hex can but you can’t have everything.