General Category > ezCAN

EZ CAN GEN II Everthing works but not recognised by SW

(1/1)

stcprgl:
Hi Everyone,

I'm living strange things with my HEX EZ CAN GEN II. It works perfectly as it should. Denali D4 DR1 D2 leds work, controllable via wheelie/turn signal, flash pass...etc.... B6 3rd brake works as it should. I've tried to Daisy Chain 1 EX CAN GEN II and 1 DENALIN CANSMART GEN II to be able to use Denali T3s front and Back Setup. I wanted to update and make some minor settings change but whatever I do it is not recognized by the SW. The green light is constant and the SW stays at opening status ('connect device to continue') and the unit is not recognised. I've changed cable changed laptop but doesn't help. For wonder I also have EZ CAN GEN II for my sold F900XR and I connect it to my home PC (unit is not connected to bike and not powered) but I can see the unit and update it and set up...... Does anybody have any clue what might have happened and what could be the problem?

Ruan:
Hi Stcprgl

I've responded to your support ticket and will keep correspondence there. The fact that another ezCAN is connecting successfully is bowling me. However, for the daisy-chain part, the K1600 ezCAN (for your F900XR), is not compatible with a R1200GS 2018 model.

As mentioned, will keep our correspondence on your support ticket.

Kind regards
Ruan

stcprgl:
Thank you for fast response, probably I couldn't express myself good enough.
Here are the details

For more than a year I have HEX EZ CAN
 EZ1 034 778 - 9D98
2022/04/11 for existing Denali DR1 D4 Leds (1 port with Y splitter), D2 (1 port) and B6 3rd brake light (1 port) and Heating (1 port). Never had a problem with it.

I wanted to add Denali T3 Switchback Signals Front and Back by adding second HEX EZ CAN (EZ1 023 370 - D69C
2021/03/28) and setup as suggested from HEX (DENALI).

I connected the D69C
 to the TPMS of the bike (R1200GS 2018). And connected 9D98 into the D69C.

I started setting up the D69C which I was able to. After setting up I disconnected it from laptop and connected 9D98 to the laptop but not recognized by the SW. Later the D69C also not recognized by the SW. Many many trials with different cables, laptops didn't change anything. Both have constant green light and working properly seperately connected to the bike or even daisy chained but both not recognized by SW

Was curious and tried to connect my EZ CAN for BMW F900XR bikes and even unpowered (not connected to any bike, disconnected and sitting next to my computer) it was recognized by the SW connected to my desktop computer.

Did I burn the EZ CANs by connecting 2 of them on 1 bike? If burn how do they still do their jobs as they should? Have you heard any similar story before (working perfectly but not recognized by SW)?

Green LED Status:
HEX EZ CAN 
EZ1 034 778 - 9D98
If the ignition is off the LED is off
If the ignition is off and I connect the USB to Laptop the LED is CONSTANT GREEN
If I connect the USB to laptop and turn the ignition on the LED is CONSTANT GREEN
After ignitin switched off the CONSTANT GREEN kept for about 90 secs and then LED off

Thanks you in advance for any advice..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version