Author Topic: Question for Mac users running GS-911 WIFI  (Read 2706 times)

DouginNC

Question for Mac users running GS-911 WIFI
« on: July 28, 2024, 01:33:44 AM »
Every time I want to use the GS-911 WIFI on my BMW R1250GSA I have to reinstall the software onto my MacBook.  I haven't found the application from the last time I used the MacBook and GS-911 wifi.  I have the GS-911 WIFI utility app, but not the one needed to do the analysis on my bike.  Is this app hiding somewhere on my MacBook?  Do all mac users have to download the app from the Hex site every time they used their GS-911 WIFI?  Thanks

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Question for Mac users running GS-911 WIFI
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2024, 06:14:35 AM »
You should not have to install the App every time, one way is to set up a virtual W7/W10 machine & install into the VM. However you have not given enough info re your MAC & your home network to really assist in any detail

DouginNC

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2024, 02:07:51 PM »
Thanks.  I’m running the latest Mac OS and I am not interested in running Windows on my Mac.  I haven’t had any issues running the Mac version of the GS-911 software, other than having to reload it each time I want to use the GS-911.  I can’t find the app within my Applications folder or by searching for it.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2024, 03:04:19 PM »
There is no MAC version of the GS911 Diagnostic App, only the WiFi Utility which opens your web browser so you use the cloud service functions, that being the case what are you saying you have to install every time ?

You also dont mention whether you are using USB cable or whether you have the GS911 & MAC logging into a WiFi network to access the Hex Cloud for service functions

DouginNC

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2024, 03:17:27 PM »
I'm using WiFi.  I found the launcher for the iPad.  I'll try running that on my Mac.

DouginNC

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2024, 03:19:26 PM »
They do have an app for the Mac per their website and this is what I am downloading and running. 

From the website "If you do not have a Windows PC but a Mac, download and install the GS-911 WiFi Utility for Mac'

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2024, 03:39:10 PM »
They do have an app for the Mac per their website and this is what I am downloading and running. 

From the website "If you do not have a Windows PC but a Mac, download and install the GS-911 WiFi Utility for Mac'

The WiFi Utility is not a diagnostic app, it is only for configuration, updates etc & opening a browser

You dont state it but  I can only assume you are saying you have to install the WiFi Utility every time, if that is the case then you should lodge a support ticket with Hexcode https://www.hexgs911.com/contact-us/