Author Topic: June 2024 update-Sport screen  (Read 4521 times)

strataj

June 2024 update-Sport screen
« on: June 21, 2024, 07:46:51 PM »
This update seems to have a bunch of nice upgrade features.  I have a 2022 R1250RT.  I only want to add the Sport Screen at this time.  Went to XKOMBA  Instrument Cluster/Coding.  Successfully added the Sport Screen.  The TFT on my 22R1250RT now displays a new menu choice "CORE", it's to the right of my vehicle before Radio.  It has a down arrow but it doesn't open.  I've tried to open when stopped and moving.  The Sport screen never displays.  Any advice on what I should be doing?  On an added note I didn't have the BMW Connected APP installed.  In the middle of my test ride I installed the APP.  It did record the rest of my ride but still no Sport screen.  Thanks!   
Jay
22R1250RT
05DL650
Wills Point, TX

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: June 2024 update-Sport screen
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2024, 02:58:39 AM »
Open a support ticket with Hexcode then up load logs quoting the Ticket No so they can look at what is happening

https://www.hexgs911.com/contact-us/
« Last Edit: June 24, 2024, 08:07:46 AM by Francois Barnard »

Gunnert

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2024, 10:17:08 PM »
I too tried to upload the "sport screen" on a '24 K1600GT. No joy...

Duane

Wilco

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2024, 08:29:29 AM »
Might be subtle differences between the two versions of the TFT controllers. I'll investigate.

Feedback on any other coding functions on the XKOMBA is appreciated!

Gunnert

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2024, 12:04:03 PM »
@wilco, any updates on resolving the Sport screen issue with K1600 bikes?

Duane

Fleabag

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2024, 01:19:13 AM »
I updated to the sport screen on my R18B.

There is a new menu item called “core” that is “greyed out” and does nothing.
Also, I selected several of the splash screens but none of them updated the splash screen.
Finally, I tried some of the other options such as lean angle, braking and a few others, nothing changed when selected.

Wilco

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2024, 02:44:09 PM »
I updated to the sport screen on my R18B.

Finally, I tried some of the other options such as lean angle, braking and a few others, nothing changed when selected.

> There is a new menu item called “core” that is “greyed out” and does nothing.
Latest update allows you to select what screen should be loaded here. If the firmware is not loaded for Urban or Sport on this screen then it will display "core" and not load.

>Also, I selected several of the splash screens but none of them updated the splash screen.
Same as above, not all ECU's have all the splash screens loaded unfortunately, and a default displays in case one is not loaded.

> These display only on the Sport screen when enabled.

Wilco

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2024, 02:47:09 PM »
@wilco, any updates on resolving the Sport screen issue with K1600 bikes?

Duane

Latest live version exposes some more of the options to play around with and see what your ECU supports.
Themes of Adventure, Urban, Tour, Sport, Heritage can be loaded and then an additional display can be enabled (that functions differently dependant on which theme is loaded and if the theme is fully supported).

Sounds complicated, but it's just a few variables to tweak and test in relation to each other.
Any reports of functionality is greatly appreciated!

Gunnert

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2024, 05:17:58 PM »
I just tried again to enable the "Sport Screen" on '24 K1600GT, no joy. I've had no luck in getting the new options to run on my bike.

Duane

Wilco

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2024, 09:38:01 AM »
I just tried again to enable the "Sport Screen" on '24 K1600GT, no joy. I've had no luck in getting the new options to run on my bike.

Duane

Unfortunately seems they simply aren't loaded.
At least with the expanded options you no longer require code recovery to restore the functional settings as all available themes are now listed as options.

harrystyles7117

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2024, 08:59:31 AM »

Duane
 papa's games
I might give the sport screen's wind deflector a shot. Since it isn't bike-specific, it will be simpler to resell if it doesn't work.