Author Topic: 0x3A1DA0  (Read 3702 times)

Andy B

0x3A1DA0
« on: June 07, 2024, 01:40:07 PM »
Hi 2019 S1000rr - fault code 0x3DA0 Misfire detection, exceeding catalyst damage
think i have a broken down coil (again) buty was expecting to be able to see which coil with the GS-911 diagnostic tool.
anyone had this, or have any advice regarding this please?

ARK4

Re: 0x3A1DA0
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2024, 09:02:36 PM »
I seem to be having the same problem. I was told by the dealership that you should see a coil pack fault. I don't know if this is true. I have replaced the plugs and gas. Still having the issue around 6000 to 8000 rpms. Did you get any clarifying information?

Andy B

Re: 0x3A1DA0
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2024, 10:51:23 PM »
Hi. The bike went to the dealership and they said one of the coils had broken down. They were specific as to which one, which the GS911 was not. The bike had previously had one coil replaced and this was a different one. BMW replaced all 4 as a goodwill gesture although have also said there are no more “goodwill gestures”
I bought two bikes, one frame number apart. Both bikes have now had all of the coils replaced. This was the third time the coils had failed, on European track holidays where I lost several days on track. Although I am told that it is the coil type not a coil manufacturing fault that has been identified. Other BMW’s have the same coils and they fail regularly on more recent models.