Author Topic: Can't get '01 R1150 GS "idle switch to the off position"  (Read 3697 times)

Tommy G

Can't get '01 R1150 GS "idle switch to the off position"
« on: June 02, 2024, 04:24:38 PM »
Hi Guys and Girls,

I hoping someone here can offer some advice. I have a 2001 single spark R1150 GS. Recently it has started to intermittently have a rough idle when warmed up. More worryingly it also loses all power under hard acceleration, it totally bogs down.
I scanned for codes and the only one present is error code 288 : throttle position sensor, internal fault on upper or lower potentiometer slider.

When I try to calibrate the TPS on GS 911, I get an error saying idle switch should be in the off position.
The fast idle switch is off, I can see that the throttle cables have free play and that they are hitting their stops.
I have tried adjusting the TPS manually to get the idle switch to register the off position, even at zero degrees it still registers open.

I am wondering if anyone knows whether this error code could be caused by a faulty TPS?
They are expensive and I can't really afford a new one that may not solve the issue.

If anyone has had a similar issue I would appreciate and insights/advice.

Thanks in advance,
Tom.

memozi12

Re: Can't get '01 R1150 GS "idle switch to the off position"
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2024, 10:00:52 AM »
Your information is effective and extremely helpful; I love watching it as much as I love playing run 3, an incredibly fun infinite runner game every day.