Author Topic: Any ideas?  (Read 4921 times)

RogerHart

Any ideas?
« on: January 29, 2024, 11:05:34 AM »
Hello everyone, I've owned my GS911 WiFi for years. Recently, I cleared my slow laptop, reloaded Windows 10, and kept only essential programs. The diagnostic program gets stuck validating my GS911 through the new downloader, despite successful downloads of other programs. The WiFi utility program recognizes me, my details, and the GS911. I've tried four times, and I'm puzzled. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 03:51:09 AM »
Try running the GS911 downloader in compatibility mode. Right-click on the program, go to "Properties," and navigate to the "Compatibility" tab. Enable compatibility mode and select an older version of Windows.
Check Internet Connection:

Make sure your internet connection is stable and not being interrupted during the validation process. A reliable internet connection is crucial for the downloader to communicate with the GS911 servers.
Reinstall GS911 Software:

Uninstall the GS911 software, restart your computer, and then reinstall it. This might help resolve any installation issues.
Check for Updates:

Ensure that both the GS911 software and your Windows 10 operating system are up to date. Sometimes, compatibility issues arise with outdated software.
Contact GS911 Support:
Omegle online
If the issue persists, consider reaching out to the GS911 support team for assistance. They may have specific troubleshooting steps or updates to address your problem.
Remember to back up any important data before making significant changes to your system. If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's advisable to get in touch with GS911 support for personalized assistance based on the specific details of your setup.

AI bots giving ridiculous advise & misinformation just to insert a link to some other web site are hilarious

Ruan

• Administrator
Re: Any ideas?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 04:09:35 PM »
Hello everyone, I've owned my GS911 WiFi for years. Recently, I cleared my slow laptop, reloaded Windows 10, and kept only essential programs. The diagnostic program gets stuck validating my GS911 through the new downloader, despite successful downloads of other programs. The WiFi utility program recognizes me, my details, and the GS911. I've tried four times, and I'm puzzled. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

Hi RogerHart

Usually, when you attempt to connect to our servers to validate the GS-911 with the GS-911 diagnostics installer, and can't get past the authenticate stage, that's a VPN connection - do you run any VPN software which might prevent this?

Some smaller things that might also be worth while, run the installer as administrator, we've found in the past this is also a general cause of the authentication not taking place.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards
Ruan