Author Topic: BMW TPMS sensors changing IDs?  (Read 2216 times)

ivanp

BMW TPMS sensors changing IDs?
« on: August 11, 2023, 02:42:26 PM »
Hello All,

Need your help and experience, please.
Did somebody faced below situation - maybe somebody can help me to understand what happened.

I am facing a strange situation with my both RDC sensors and maybe you can help.
2 weeks ago during a tour in Georgia, in one day when i have started my motorbike after a short break - both the 2 RDC sensors were not working anymore - the message on the display -  Front/Rear tyre pressure too high and the error was persistent - I left the contact off for 30 mins, left the battery disconnected over the night - the error was still present - tyre pressure too high.

When i have arrived at home i have connected the GS911 log reader - attached.

The stored IDs for the RDC sensors were:

Current Front Tyre ID is 5166482
Current Rear Tyre ID is 5166492

Then I have deleted and relearn and here comes the strange thing:
After - re-learning I have
:
Current Front Tyre ID is 3691855
Current Rear Tyre ID is 3695247

And it seems to work correctly now - pressure is shown correctly, I have deflated, inflated the tyres couple of times - pressure displayed is correct each time.
For me, what i can't understand - how come the IDs are changed? What could possible caused this?
I have contacted Schrader team and their feedback was that their sensor ids are not programable under any circumstance.

Many thanks for your feedback,
Paul

ivanp

Re: BMW TPMS sensors changing IDs?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 03:18:50 PM »
And another question would be - is there a tool to read and to show directly the Schrader sensor ID? Other than to learn/read it from BMW ECU?

Thank you,
Paul

Borgia

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2023, 06:40:50 PM »
Is your bike one of those with an RDC that supports two wheel sets?

Assuming that your bike is pre-2022 eith a Schrader RDC any TPMS tool can wake up the sensor and read its ID. However TPMS tools need to know what sensor they are dealing with. If the tools supports motorcycles then specify it. If not specify a 2009 Saturn Astra.
Hey BMW: No service manual = no new bike.

tghtenuion

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2023, 04:44:46 AM »
What about the type without RDC?