Author Topic: Trouble loading software  (Read 2266 times)

Scrappie

Trouble loading software
« on: July 08, 2023, 11:15:06 PM »
Hello, While I am not new to riding, I am new to BMW motorcycles.  I recently bought an abused 2005 K1200S.  I say abused because its obviously been laid down on both sides, the clutch wasn't working, the old CCT made an awful noise at start up, and the dash lights up like a Christmas tree.  I have sorted out the clutch and installed the new CCT, changed the oil/filter, flushed the brakes and installed new tires (the old set was 11 years old!).

Next up is addressing all the flashy lights on the dash.  To that end, I bought a USB version GS-911 from an inmate on ADVRider.  There are 9 VIN slots left.

So I start following the quick start guide and get stuck whenever I go to download the program.  The attached window pops up.  Any thoughts?

The laptop I'm using runs Windows 7.  There is plenty of memory.  Norton has been turned off.

Side note - not sure how often I will be on this forum.  If you have any potential solutions, please email me at scott.johnson@cmc.com.  Thanks in advance.

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Trouble loading software
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 02:26:27 AM »
I assume you purchased a yellow GS911 & for that you download & run the downloader from https://www.hexgs911.com/gs-911-downloads/ to then download/install the old legacy GS911 PC App however the windows error message suggests you are either trying to download/install the new GS911 Diagnostics PC App or directly download the legacy app, I am not sure which, Win7 certainly does not recognise the downloaded file as an executable

Scrappie

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 09:07:47 PM »
Wayne,  The issue is with the laptop I was using.  I tried downloading onto my wife's laptop and all went as planned. 

I am now chasing down half a dozen fault codes.  And I discovered this K bike has over a million miles on it.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2023, 03:13:17 AM »
Wayne,  The issue is with the laptop I was using.  I tried downloading onto my wife's laptop and all went as planned. 

I am now chasing down half a dozen fault codes.  And I discovered this K bike has over a million miles on it.

Pleased to hear you have it sorted, I was not certain where the issue could be beyond the actual PC