Author Topic: Hello From Sugar land Texas .  (Read 2832 times)

c10

Hello From Sugar land Texas .
« on: May 12, 2023, 01:24:18 AM »
I have ordered my 2023 BMW R1250RS .  My wonderful longtime friend gifted me his GS-911 wifi for my new bike coming in a few months.
Updated the unit , and registered it from him to myself.  That was a easy task .  Unit appears to work on PC software , but I'm unable to get the wifi working after many hours last night , and more time this afternoon.  I have the instructions , and watched the set up YouTube
video multiple times. No success .   No step missed but it just won't see a network when searching.

Ruan

• Administrator
Re: Hello From Sugar land Texas .
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 09:32:14 AM »
Hi C10

Congratulations on your RS!

WiFi can be a tricky thing, and I'm not quite sure what you have done yet, so a general shot in the dark would be running through our WiFi troubleshooting list, as the usual suspects and some odds and ends are covered there:
https://www.hexgs911.com/faq/how-do-i-troubleshoot-gs-911-wifi-problems/

Generally, the most usual suspect is a 5GHz connection, this means your router is transmitting a 5GHz network, while the GS-911 can only see and communicate over a 2.4GHz network. If you are not comfortable with check/changing your router configuration, an easy check would be to use your phone's mobile hotspot as a network to connect to. You'll connect your laptop and the GS-911 to the hotspot, and you should be good to go.

The only phones that won't do this correctly are the iPhone 13 and newer, you'll need to change the hotspot configuration to enable "Compatibility mode", as they now transmit a 5GHz network as the standard, but can be changed to 2.4 with that setting for devices like the GS-911.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards and safe travels
Ruan

c10

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 11:52:42 PM »
Thank you very much ! I'll give this a try over the weekend and report back . I know we upgraded our home system just a few months ago and its fast .  Ill try with my Samsung A52 phone and adjust like you mentioned .   

cubero

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2023, 04:25:01 AM »
Hi C10

Congratulations on your RS!

WiFi can be a tricky thing, and I'm not quite sure what you have done yet, so a general shot in the dark would be running through our WiFi troubleshooting list, as the usual suspects and some odds and ends are covered there:
https://www.hexgs911.com/faq/how-do-i-troubleshoot-gs-911-wifi-problems/ banban

Generally, the most usual suspect is a 5GHz connection, this means your router is transmitting a 5GHz network, while the GS-911 can only see and communicate over a 2.4GHz network. If you are not comfortable with check/changing your router configuration, an easy check would be to use your phone's mobile hotspot as a network to connect to. You'll connect your laptop and the GS-911 to the hotspot, and you should be good to go.

The only phones that won't do this correctly are the iPhone 13 and newer, you'll need to change the hotspot configuration to enable "Compatibility mode", as they now transmit a 5GHz network as the standard, but can be changed to 2.4 with that setting for devices like the GS-911.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards and safe travels
Ruan
Thank you for your message and the information regarding troubleshooting WiFi issues with the GS-911. I appreciate your suggestions and the link to the troubleshooting list.

multiplygabby

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2023, 04:57:19 AM »
Troubleshooting network connectivity issues can be difficult, however I can offer some generic tips:
Wi-Fi compatibility: Check GS-911 Wi-Fi compatibility with your home network. Check that your home network employs an 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi standard and WPA2 encryption.

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2023, 09:56:42 AM »
If you've already attempted the setup multiple times, try resetting the GS-911 wifi device. There might be a small reset button you can press to do this. Check the user manual for specific instructions on resetting the device.

immaculate grid

And we have another AI warrior in our midst.

schuppi

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2023, 11:38:19 AM »
Yes, very annoying and disturbing
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more