Author Topic: GS911 + More  (Read 2614 times)

Nhoy

GS911 + More
« on: March 16, 2023, 10:49:26 AM »
I still can't make up my mind if the $749 + Accessories worth it? Currently I own 4 BMW Bikes, and usually sell and upgrade to newer models. Not to mention it's limited for BMW only.

Will Hex Code add a Wiring Diagrams in the future? How about RSD/repair guides? Since BMW stopped selling those repair manuals.

How about Coding for retrofits?

Currently looking into Texa's Diagnostic Solution, but it cost way way more + subscription.

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: GS911 + More
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 01:10:18 AM »
Purchase the enthusiast GS911 WiFi, you can always upgrade to Pro for more VINs later

Wiring diagram are closely held in the Dealer Diagnostics system so unlikely to see them outside that system, owners should start a campaign to push for BMW to again sell wiring diagram CDs via the dealer network

Nhoy

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023, 09:18:10 AM »
I didn't know that it's possible to upgrade the GS911 to Pro version. That is very helpful to know. Thanks.

Texa has an included colored wiring diagrams that comes with their subscription BTW. Also its assuring that Ducati's OE Diagnostics is from Texa.

I don't live in the U.S, so pushing for R2R Initiative will be a long shot to force BMW to do that.

Ruan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 10:53:25 AM »
Hi Nhoy

We don't provide the wiring diagrams for the bikes unfortunately, but most of them are hidden somewhere on forums, it just takes some time to find them.

As for repair and technical guides, including OE service schedules, I'd suggest AS Cycles, there are others available, but they have a pretty comprehensive set of documentation:
https://www.ascycles.com/BMW-Motorcycle-Parts-Fiche

Just click on the bike you're looking at and you can scroll through the available literature.

We're working on some retrofitting - on the older K024 bikes we've released quite a few already, the newer K001 bikes are still a work in progress.

We do support a handful of Hasqvarna bikes, but these are just pretty bikes with BMW engines in them. Unfortunately, the amount of development and man power it would require to start supporting another brand of bike is currently impractical. We're still working on BMW bikes (new and old) to support ALL the functions available on their controllers. Although we're now at quite a comprehensive level of functionality support, it's still a work in progress even after 15 years, due to BMW releasing new controllers to improve the technology in the bikes.

As Wayne mentioned, you can look at the Enthusiast initially, which will give you 10 VINs until you need to upgrade to pro, which will cost US$400 when you get there.

Kind regards
Ruan