Author Topic: EzCan 1 failure  (Read 2574 times)

Andy Johnston

EzCan 1 failure
« on: February 20, 2023, 03:51:53 PM »
EzCan Gen 1 failure

First run out on my bike this year and noticed the Aux lighting was not working, so when I got home, I connected my PC to the EzCan, it reported it needed a firmware update, the update went OK, and all the programmed function seemed to work OK.

So unplugged the PC and tried again, switched on the ignition and the aux lights did not come on

It was Not showing a green led on the module 

Raised a ticket on the Mojo helpdesk and Ruan suggested I check the diagnostic page in the configuration software, battery volts OK and Can bus volts OK

Checked the fuse and all the connections all OK, He then suggested a Hard Power reset, Disconnect the battery and the Can bus connectors and wait for 10 minutes. If it does, turn ignition on and test the accessories.

If it doesn't, you'll have to look at purchasing a new Gen II ezCAN, as I see the device is outside of its warranty period.

So, the thinking was, the green led appears when connected to the computer, will it still work with a       5-volt supply from a usb socket. Yes, it did. The 5-volt regulator supplying the processor from the 12-volt side must be blown. So, putting a 5-volt supply in the programming usb socket powers the processor and everything works. I used a 12v to 5v power module and plugged it into the bikes 12v socket and the EzCan module

The bikes 12-volt socket switches off after 60 seconds after the ignition is switched off although the can bus switches off the EzCan loads when the ignition is switched off

So, this looks like a result and saved me having to purchase a Gen 2 module