Author Topic: Later Software Makes 3-Pin Bikes Obsolete  (Read 2391 times)

bud provin

Later Software Makes 3-Pin Bikes Obsolete
« on: November 03, 2022, 03:16:56 AM »
I have a 10-pin red GS-911.  Recently, I discovered that I cannot read codes on bikes that have the 3-pin diagnose connector.  I have the adapter to connect to the 3-pin connector.  I searched the site and found the "Legacy" software, which I downloaded to my laptop.  However, I get the message that I can't use the red unit with that software.  What do I need to do?

I have emailed the help desk about this, but they do not respond.

Ruan

• Administrator
Re: Later Software Makes 3-Pin Bikes Obsolete
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 09:59:07 AM »
Hi Bud

I believe Jan has responded to your helpdesk ticket, but just to clarify on this post as well, 3-pin support for the red units was discontinued in 2018. We have since released a 3-pin interface that is designed for the sole purpose of communicating with 3-pin bikes. These are available from some distributors (for the US, I believe Beemershop does stock these). Unfortunately the unit isn't E-Type approved in the EU, so very few distributors stock it in the EU.

Regarding the support response, please note that we are in office from Monday to Friday 08H30 - 17H00 (16H00 on Fridays) GMT + 2.

Kind regards
Ruan

bud provin

Re: Later Software Makes 3-Pin Bikes Obsolete
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 01:45:57 PM »
I never got a response, and I'm displeased that the 3-pin adapter I bought has been rendered obsolete.  (I'll admit that it didn't work well anyway.) When I bought my red GS-911, Ted Porter told me that it would do the same things as my yellow one, which I no longer have.