Author Topic: used my GS 911 wifi for the first time  (Read 2512 times)

Merrill

used my GS 911 wifi for the first time
« on: September 27, 2022, 12:58:29 AM »
hello!
i have had a GS 911 wifi for about a year.  I bought it just in case i needed if for my 2003 BMW r1200clc.

I never used it until this weekend to help sort out an issue i was having with the bike.
But first I got to install all the updates and the new diagnostic interface.

after the updates i following the instructions i was able to successfully connect to my bike using my
Laptop via usb cable and
cell phone via wifi
run an auto scan and then drill down to my bike, read controllers for any faults,  and clear faults   :)

i was not however,  able to set up the hotspot functionality but according to the nice support person that i talked to this am that functionality would be overkill for my simple bike.    :)

it also took a bit to understand that the autoscan and its results page  did not have a link to take you to the clear faults.
i learned i had to go back to select my bike then re run..
not sure why the interface is set up that way.    :-\

to me it seems logical to start with select your bike then scan then be able to clear.   

in the end it all worked out

Ruan

• Administrator
Re: used my GS 911 wifi for the first time
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 03:15:48 PM »
Hi Merrill

Thank you for your kind words. Glad to hear you are up and running and enjoying the GS-911!

Regarding the clear all fault codes, this is unfortunately a limitation on the older K1X bikes - they only communicate via K-Line, while the next generation of bikes (K024) came out with CAN, which supports broadcasting to all controllers, which allows clearing all fault codes. With K-Line, you'll need to go to each controller for clearing fault codes.

We too wish that this was different, but as the technology evolved, the convenience did too.  :)

Kind regards
Ruan

Merrill

Re: used my GS 911 wifi for the first time
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 05:28:17 PM »
Ruan
thank you for the reply and information!