Author Topic: Can I connect three wire two color LED to Hex ezCAN  (Read 3441 times)

Visionliner

Can I connect three wire two color LED to Hex ezCAN
« on: August 24, 2022, 07:43:27 AM »
I have two color (amber and white) led lights with three wires.

The question is how can I connect them to be able to control two colors?  Will it work, if I insert the third pole into the connector and connect the third wire of the lamp?  It has it's own switch but I do not want to install another switch on the bike.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 07:54:15 AM by Visionliner »

Ruan

• Administrator
Re: Can I conncet three wire two color LED to Hex ezCAN
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 02:29:26 PM »
Hi Visionliner

You can definitely do this through the ezCAN. The lights will have a 12V wire for white and 12V wire for amber, along with a ground wire.

Considering that the white LEDs only need constant 12, you can set them up as an accessory, which will simply give constant 12V. The amber lights' wiring will need to be connected to separate channels and configured as turn signals left and right respectively.

I believe the lights should have an built in function to turn the white off once the amber is illuminated, but if not, you can setup the white lights' channel as an aux lights pair and disable all functions except "Off when turn signals are active", which will manually turn them off when you indicate.

Kind regards
Ruan

Visionliner

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 01:33:43 AM »
Thanks Ruan

JeffMiller

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 10:22:34 AM »
I'm not sure you can do this through the ezCAN. I tried once, and it didn't work. Why don't you buy smart lighting? It's easier to control and will allow you to connect two colors. Some smart bulbs, such as amazon light bulbs, can be controlled by your voice. Besides, they ensure energy efficiency and demonstrate improved performance. Tbh I gave up on all traditional lightning some time ago. In a continuously changing world, it's a pity not to take advantage of modern solutions. You may try it. I hope you'll not regret it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 04:03:23 PM by JeffMiller »