Author Topic: required wifi configuration for GS911 compatibility ?  (Read 2955 times)

GeorgeKingGeorge

required wifi configuration for GS911 compatibility ?
« on: April 19, 2021, 10:51:45 PM »
I had a very difficult time getting an IP address assigned to the GS911. The only way I made it work was to disable security on my network. The  GS911 was never successful getting an IP if I had security set for WPA/WPA2.

Can you  explain the wifi configuration requirements for the GS911?

I have what I think are all of the relevant posts here and in the FAQ. I know the GS911 requires 2.4 GHz, Channels 1-11. What other home network settings might  be relevant for use with GS911?

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: required wifi configuration for GS911 compatibility ?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 02:39:37 AM »
The GS911 supports WPA/WPA2 & would normally configure into WiFi net without issues, the only time I have had problems was with an old modem router/WiFi system which was replaced rather quickly. What make/model of modem/router/WiFi unit do you have ?

GeorgeKingGeorge

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 03:22:02 AM »
Router is a Synology RT2600ac running latest version of their SRM software.

The GS911 is the only device that has a problem getting a DHCP address from the router. The GS911 attempts to do the password  handshake, but I never get a green LED signifying a successful connection. Setting security level to "none" was the only way I could get a connection to the 2.4 GHz network. I did not make any other configuration changes between the multiple failed attempts and the successful connection.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 03:13:43 AM »
OK, understood re the Synology, looks like a relatively new model on active sale here in Oz, I would not have expected an issue with it

What type of authorisation ? WPS or passkey ?, WPA Personal ?

I would suggest reserving an IP No on the Synology for the GS911 MAC address & seeing if that resolves it , I normally do that on workshop nets

I would suggest lodging a support ticket with Hexcode so they can look at the GS911 logs & see what is happening  https://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 03:46:23 AM by WayneC »