Author Topic: Turn off lights whilst running GS911  (Read 6132 times)

endy53

Turn off lights whilst running GS911
« on: December 19, 2015, 06:48:39 PM »
Hi, I am sure I have read somewhere on the hexcode site a way to turn off the lights on the r1200rt whilst running diagnostics etc.
Does anyone know how to do this?
It just seams crazy to draw battery power for the lights etc whilst I'm "playing" with this great piece of kit.

txtinman

Re: Turn off lights whilst running GS911
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 02:26:57 AM »
I pull the fuse on my CL when I want the lights off and need the ignition on for an extended time.
Mike White
GS911 WIFI Enthusiast
2015 BMW R1200GSLC

GS Jim

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 06:26:53 AM »
Thoust could try using a charger to help keep the battery up.
http://forum.hexcode.co.za/forum/index.php/topic,992.0/topicseen.html

johnvw

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 07:04:54 AM »
Hi to All,
Interestingly I asked the same question early December. I am sure I have read that there was an option to turn off the headlight. As a new user I printed the GS-911 instructions (ver. 1303 ), but found that option was no longer offered. It would be nice to have that reintroduced.
Many thanks to the GS programming team for their continued efforts and support for this magic product.

Regards
John

marchyman

• Beta testers
    • SNAFU Home
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 08:14:01 PM »
The option might depend upon the bike model and year.   Don't know.   On the hexheads the lights came on when the engine ran and stayed on until the ignition was turned off.  There was a sequence of something like 5 seconds holding the right turn signal followed by 5 seconds of the turn signal cancel that would turn off the lights.  I probably have that sequence wrong.

On the wetheads the headlamp is only on when the engine is running.  If the engine is running I'm not too worried about battery draw.  I'm not aware of a special key sequence to turn off the headlight on the wethead.