Author Topic: M sport screen,curise light ,retrofit coding faulty!!!  (Read 2346 times)

phantom044

M sport screen,curise light ,retrofit coding faulty!!!
« on: July 18, 2024, 04:08:23 PM »
I am making this topic as a warning for my friends who will code the M sport screen and cruise light. Last week, while coding the original alarm of a BMW R1250 with GS911, the TFT codes were deleted. We could not code the original alarm and all the information was lost on the TFT screen. The speedometer started to show meaningless expressions. As a result, we had to take the motorcycle to the authorized service, where the screen was reinstalled for a certain fee and the motorcycle was fixed. The second incident was during the cruise light coding of the 2018 model R1200 GS, the front headlight gave an error and the front headlight stopped working, we could not solve the problem with GS911 and again. We had to go to the authorized service. For now, I think there is a problem with the latest update of GS911, because it causes corruption in the coding sets of the motorcycle. I recommend that you do not retrofit coding on your motorcycle until new fixes are made.

Wilco

• Administrator
Re: M sport screen,curise light ,retrofit coding faulty!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2024, 01:45:32 PM »
Hi Phantom,

We do take these kinds of issues very seriously and do our best to avoid them, but also safeguard against them by making coding back-ups before allowing any code changes.
Did you perform code recovery on the instrument cluster and the body controller after the respective coding failures?

In any instance where the software is not performing as expected it is always best to log a ticket with our support team. They can guide through code recovery, or pass on to 2nd level support if there is a code bug, or even aid with a remote session where something can be restored

If you have any further information on the errors I would greatly appreciated if you can open a support ticket. VIN numbers of the vehicles, and debug logs would be greatly helpful!

phantom044

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2024, 07:00:32 PM »
Hello. Thank you for your answer, I sent an e-mail to the help desk, but no one responded, in fact, it has been about a week since I opened this topic here, and no one responded. I took a backup of the motorcycle, but I have not sent it to you yet. I could not apply this to us because I do not know how to restore the code. I would appreciate it if you could explain it with a video. How can we send you the backup of the motorcycle?  I have a motorcycle service, but for now the GS911 scares us. I hesitate to use it because it corrupts the code software for 2 motorcycles. The latest software cannot code the original alarms, and it corrupts the original code database. Please make a training video for us, converting the motorcycle to the original screen, I would like a video on how to send autoscan backup data to you and including code recovery information.

Wilco

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2024, 05:14:01 PM »
The forums are not actively tracked for support issues, but we do pick things up from here from time to time.

Restore Code is a coding function so is found under the list of Service Functions. If a controller coding session is interrupted or otherwise corrupted you can always run the Restore Code function.
If the function that failed was a retrofit function then the error shown on the cluster or an autoscan will show which controller requires code recovery.

I will follow up with support RE the ticket and then we can communicate there further to follow up possible debug logs or VIN related lookups etc.