Author Topic: new install on f800 gt  (Read 724 times)

Noggin

new install on f800 gt
« on: March 19, 2024, 10:45:27 AM »
New install of ezcan gen 2 on f800 GT, all working great wit a pair of co light d07 lamps, however have noticed a problem, when lights on I get a TPMS error showing on the dash board (yellow triangle with ! inside and no tyre pressures showing, turn lamps of via info switch and the error goes and tyre pressure show. Turn lamps on again and error returns.

I have unplugged the ezcan and replaced the plugs etc to ensure good clean connections but still get the error, am I doing anything wrong.

Thanks

Ruan

• Administrator
Re: new install on f800 gt
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 09:24:05 AM »
Hi Noggin

Sounds like your install is correct and it's strange that you're getting this only once the lights turn on. I would expect it to throw an error always if there's a problem with the CAN connector.

If you've got 2 lights on different channels, check whether it's only one causing this or both by disconnecting each one separately, and note which (if only one) is causing the fault?

Kind regards
Ruan

Borgia

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 07:03:02 PM »
It may be that the electronics that are powered uo with the lights is emitting RF interference that is blocking the ability of the receiver in the RDC to receive the signal from the sensor(s).
Hey BMW: No service manual = no new bike.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2024, 03:39:43 AM »
It may be that the electronics that are powered uo with the lights is emitting RF interference that is blocking the ability of the receiver in the RDC to receive the signal from the sensor(s).

RFI from accessories is a well known issue, particularly newer wireless charging systems taking out EWS, quite a thread on it on an Oz forum, also had issues on the Husky TR650 models affecting EWS resulting in no start situations
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 03:42:06 AM by WayneC »

Noggin

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2024, 01:53:04 PM »
RFI from accessories is a well known issue, particularly newer wireless charging systems taking out EWS, quite a thread on it on an Oz forum, also had issues on the Husky TR650 models affecting EWS resulting in no start situations
Could you supply a link to Oz forum please so that I can read up on what they've  got to say
Thanks
Nick