Author Topic: Still no way to do a full bike scan for error codes ?  (Read 767 times)

Alfred01

Still no way to do a full bike scan for error codes ?
« on: March 17, 2024, 10:53:29 AM »
Maybe I am missing something here, so happy to be corrected.
I have used the GS911 for a long time (including it's previous Bluetooth version which I still have).
I just use basic functionality most of the time. Now for the last few years I have been using car scan tools for vehicles and the better ones all have a simple functionality to run "health reports". These reports simply scan all the modules and record any existing error codes found in a single sweep, no matter what module.
I had to go into each single module and scan to see if there were any codes recorded. A very slow and tedious task.

The reason this came up as I am now on my 4th bike battery and I wanted to see if there were any codes that might show a drain that shouldn't be there.

botus

• Beta testers
Re: Still no way to do a full bike scan for error codes ?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 12:08:45 PM »
modern batteries are rubbish quality
modern electronics and alarms eat volts
if not using for more than a week always put a modern charger on the bike and leave connected

autoscan will run an all module scan and has been part of the tool for a few years
it will never tell you about a battery drain

Alfred01

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 12:32:51 PM »
Thanks for your reply.
Yes today I installed an original BMW AGM battery and I had to wait a week for it to come in at the dealer, as I insisted that it had to be the exact specified battery model for my bike. I measured the charging voltage at 14.2Vdc ~ 14.37Vdc and that is with the light on at the battery terminals.
So I can't see any charging issue (still possible).
Regarding the full module scan....
What they are missing is a simple "Error Code 0" or "Error Code 1" or "Error Code 2" or.....
Then you can go into the module with 1 or more error to dig into it a bit more.

That's what my car scanner does (and no it's not one of those cheap ones).
The info is there, it just needs adding this in the software. 

botus

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2024, 01:21:17 PM »

Regarding the full module scan....
What they are missing is a simple "Error Code 0" or "Error Code 1" or "Error Code 2" or.....
Then you can go into the module with 1 or more error to dig into it a bit more.

if you go to the bottom of the autoscan I think it lists all the codes its found - can't remember if you can then click into each and get to the correct module ?

9/10 error codes on vehicles come from a wobble when a connection gets damp, or stressed on a connector by the accountants penny pinching on wire lengths and the terrible roads, or it just feels like it wants to be recognised (no doubt a bit of AI the 3 year olds added to keep us emotionally connected with our purchases), or the battery volts are too low

Alfred01

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2024, 01:50:27 PM »
Thanks
I check it out next time.