Author Topic: Downtime occurred on the server.  (Read 4516 times)

Cliffordorn

Downtime occurred on the server.
« on: February 02, 2024, 03:50:36 PM »
It had no problem at all using my 911 on my GS. But today I ran into an issue where I can't use the service features since I can't connect to the cloud server. I'm concerned about the possibility of server outages or connection issues.

Ruan

• Administrator
Re: Downtime occurred on the server.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 04:14:05 PM »
Hi Cliffordorn

Not as far as we can see, usually in the event of a server restart for example, cloud functionality might be down for around 30 seconds, so by the time you navigate back to the function you were attempting, it would be up again.

The usual suspect for no access to cloud functionality is being in D2D mode, or not connected to the internet (this includes a dodgy internet connection). What happens with a dodgy connection, the GS-911 app will attempt to load all cloud based functions, and if it times out, or looses some packets, it will display an error stating no connection could be established.

Can you confirm that your device is updated and that you have a stable internet connection? A nice workaround if your work area is far from your network router, would be to use your mobile phone's hotspot instead.

Kind regards
Ruan