Author Topic: Use 911 wifi unit with USB cable  (Read 4329 times)

banvatoi

Use 911 wifi unit with USB cable
« on: January 09, 2024, 09:22:23 AM »
Use 911 wifi unit with USB cable :-\

Francois Barnard

• Administrator
    • HEX Innovate
Re: Use 911 wifi unit with USB cable
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 10:18:29 AM »
Hi there,

Is there a question here? GS-911wifi can be used with a USB cable and the GS-911 Diagnostics PC App for Windows: https://www.hexgs911.com/gs-911-downloads/

Kind regards,
Francois

fatnlow

Re: Use 911 wifi unit with USB cable
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2024, 06:35:39 PM »
I apologize if this is the wrong blog but I'm having problems and looking for help.  Since the most recent update of my GS-911, it will not function when connected to WiFi.  I have confirmed the the networks (tried 3 of them) are configured properly and recognized, when connected to a laptop via USB.  But at the bike, the tool will not function.  It is connected and on a 2.4 GHz network and the light is solid green, with audible confirmations of connectivity.  But when trying to use the diagnostic functions of the tool, it finds no device.

Back to the laptop and USB, even with configured networks and verification that the device is on that network, with the laptop and so on, it still does not show up in the device list and so the device diagnostics is grayed out.

I can use the diagnostic app on my laptop with the USB cable and connected to the bike.  All works as it should then.  But I obviously need the WiFi to work as it did prior to this update.

I've reached out to Support at Hex after working with my distributer with no success.  Help?