Author Topic: Wheel size and wheel circumference through GS911  (Read 2141 times)

Harri

Wheel size and wheel circumference through GS911
« on: December 13, 2023, 11:43:41 AM »
Hi,
it's time to discuss with the bike (F800GT/2015) as we have loooong winter and dark days here in Finland.

The issue is using the GS-911. I have the enthusiastic version with max. 10 different bikes.
In one session I suddenly had a possibility to define the wheel size and even the circumference of the wheel. This would be great if it would give a possibility to calibrate the speedometer to better than the present 5-7%.
Changing these values might affect the ABS so some care is needed.

The reason I'm writing this is that I never got back to those wheel definitions. They were accessible only once.
I've tried the workshop mode on and off with no result. USB and WiFi, no result.

Can anybody give a hint how to change those values?

Best regards to everybody
Harri

dexteris

Re: Wheel size and wheel circumference through GS911
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2023, 06:53:43 AM »
Hi,
it's time to discuss with the bike (F800GT/2015) as we have loooong winter and dark days here in Finland.

The issue is using the GS-911. I have the enthusiastic version with max. 10 different bikes.
In one session I suddenly had a possibility to define the wheel size and even the circumference of the wheel. This would be great if it would give a possibility to calibrate the speedometer to better than the present getaway shootout 5-7%.
Changing these values might affect the ABS so some care is needed.

The reason I'm writing this is that I never got back to those wheel definitions. They were accessible only once.
I've tried the workshop mode on and off with no result. USB and WiFi, no result.

Can anybody give a hint how to change those values?

Best regards to everybody
Harri
Make sure your GS-911 is securely connected to your bike and computer. Try disconnecting and reconnecting it with both USB and WiFi, just in case it's a connection issue.
Ensure you have the latest software version for both the GS-911 and the diagnostic software you're using. Outdated software can sometimes cause unexpected behavior.

GS Jim

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2023, 05:57:00 AM »
Hi Harri, don't know if you found where to access those items yet but I was messing with my F bike today and noted where those settings are.

Go To:
Engine Controller / Service Functions / Online Service Functions / BMSK Configurations / Configurations
Then chose from the Wheel Radius drop down menu.

Also:
Vehicle Electronics / Service Functions / Online Service Functions / ZFE Configurations / Configuration
Then choose from the Wheel Circumference drop down menu.

FYI, don't get your hopes up, I didn't notice any significant improvement in accuracy when I did it.

Harri

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2023, 07:55:35 PM »
Thanks for replying, guys.

Connections are OK, I can discuss with the bike.

I'll walk those paths with the GS911. In fact, the accuracy is not the reason to ask this. I just want to understand how the bike is controlled and was frustrated to not find again the circumference and wheel size after seeing them once.

Next week temperature drops to minus 25 C in Helsinki area. It's just the right time to have some discussions with the bike.

Best regards
Harri

Harri

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2024, 10:27:08 AM »
Hello,
I tried those paths GS Jim described to find the circumference and wheel radius.

The menu paths went exactly OK, only the last step was unreachable.
Could this be due to the fact that the GS-911 is in the off-line mode? Are those circumference and wheel radius functions available with the on-line mode only?

Now it's time to read the manual carefully (all the pages!). Sorry for wasting bandwidth.

Thanks and regards
Harri

Harri

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2024, 08:45:36 PM »
Problem solved!

Thanks for help, guys.
The culprit was a misunderstanding in using WiFi.

I had connected the PC into the GS911 WiFi or using USB. This was not enough. One has to connect the PC and the GS911 to a WiFi network where there is a connection to Internet. Those functions I was looking for are available through Internet only.

This was more or less described in the manual with many other combinations, device types, connection types. Should have read more and more carefully. On the other hand the manuals could have more clearly structured documentation.

Anyway, everything in order.
Thanks,
Harri