Author Topic: Fault Code Fuel Sender Unit 417505(OxA2E9)  (Read 2393 times)

Bruce Ryan

Fault Code Fuel Sender Unit 417505(OxA2E9)
« on: October 29, 2023, 08:03:55 AM »
Changed Fuel Pump and Filter On My BMWF650GS 800 Twin and Fuel Gauge is not showing a True readiing. Implausible signal or valve.

Ruan

• Administrator
Re: Fault Code Fuel Sender Unit 417505(OxA2E9)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 09:40:46 AM »
Hi Bruce

I can't locate much more info on this fault specifically, but it indicates an issue with the fuel level sensor. Something to try before checking the hardware would be to reset your adaptations, if it remains problematic after this, you'll need to check the sensor itself - wiring could also have been affected after the replacement, so a good check would be the connections there as well.

kind regards
Ruan

schuppi

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 11:57:33 AM »
Hello

I asked my dealer for assistance.
Here is now the error description for A2E9 Fuel Sensor.

Fault description                                 The fuel level sensor signal is outside the permissible value range.
Condition for fault  identification          Terminal 15 on   
                                                        Supply voltage between 9 V and 16 V
                                                         Central frame and suspension electronics (ZFE) are correctly configured
                                                        (lever sensor or warning contact switch or film-type sensor as fuel level sensor)
Condition for fault memory entry         Short circuit of sensor cable (on film-type sensor of one of the thermocouple cables) to
                                                        negative battery terminal               
                                                         Short circuit of sensor cable (on film-type sensor of one of the thermocouple cables) to
                                                         positive battery terminal
                                                         Open circuit of sensor cable (on film-type sensor of one of the thermocouple
                                                          cables) or no signal
Action in service                                 Check fuel level sensor
                                                        Check wiring / plug connections
                                                         Only with film-type sensor, and only after replacement of film-type sensor:
                                                         Calibrate film-type sensor
Fault effect and breakdown warning      Faulty or no fuel level display
                                                         Danger of cutting out due to lack of fuel resulting from no/incorrect display
Driver information                                No display or display '---':
                                                         Fuel gauge
                                                         Remaining range display (if provided)
                                                         Average consumption display (if provided)
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more

Borgia

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 09:58:22 PM »
Your bike does not have a film type sensor so ignore that stuff.

My guess is that you either have a wiring problem (open or short) or that in re-inserting the fuel pump assembly the float got snagged on something bringing it out or range or even disconnected at the wiper contact.
Hey BMW: No service manual = no new bike.