Author Topic: What is being tested in beta  (Read 3879 times)

Wilco

• Administrator
What is being tested in beta
« on: October 04, 2023, 02:56:55 PM »
New thread to pique interest for upcoming features, but also to potentially recruit some much needed beta testers!

Wilco

• Administrator
Re: What is being tested in beta
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 02:59:18 PM »
K001 indicator cancellation.
Comfort indicators, classical cancellation and lean angle based cancellation. All K001 bikes. The function is either under XKOMBI46, XBCL, XBCO, or XKOMBI03.

Wilco

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 03:01:30 PM »
Multifunction indicators. This is the new combined tail light and indicators featured on some newer models. Beta coding on the XBCL body controller is being tested to customise the brightness and behaviour of these lights.

Wilco

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 02:56:48 PM »
Customisation of the Cruising Light on the XBCL body controller being tested.

botus

• Beta testers
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2023, 09:00:40 PM »
Multifunction indicators. This is the new combined tail light and indicators featured on some newer models. Beta coding on the XBCL body controller is being tested to customise the brightness and behaviour of these lights.

turning off the hideous spark fest at the back of today's BMWs would be essential if I were to own one of the current disasters

why do I want tacky budget motorist shop tat on the back of a $30k motorbike - I'm not 3 years old 

Wilco

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2023, 03:55:24 PM »
Cruising lights.
Customise intensities for day/night and set if active for front or back or both sets of indicators.
XBCL coding option in beta.

Wilco

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2023, 09:01:36 AM »
Additional testing of rear end configuration to allow optimum use multifunction indicator lights.

Rear Light alternative
Brake Light alternative
Rear Light alternative (%)

jharr

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2023, 05:56:11 PM »
I would be interested in contributing as a Beta tester.
I have the Wifi professional version, and the following bikes:

2023 R NineT UGS
2022 R 1250GSA
2021 R18 Classic
2020 R 1250RS
2014 R NineT[/li][/list]

Rick448

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2024, 10:18:13 PM »
Id be interested in testing some stuff, if you could let me know what is involved?

Mike.bk

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2024, 07:07:38 PM »
I have a 2021 R1250GS and suffer from “disappearing” rear indicators when applying my brakes, I have been quoted a daft sum of money by BMW to return the system to behave like earlier (& later?) models, so would be very keen to see this feature enabled on the gs911. Any idea of timescales?

nicholsonj2252

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2024, 10:40:41 PM »
Hi Will - I've sent you a message on the BETA test thread on UKGSer that we had running back end of last year

I am still not able to dim at all the brake light intensity from the rear two side marker lights on my 2022 R1200GSA
Choosing "Disable rear cruising lights" has no effect on the rear two side marker lights , they stay on . If I disable the front cruising lights that works fine and they switch off
Choosing "Disable Combined Rear Light and Indicator Output" turns the rear two side marker lights amber LED's on only (no red LED's activate) and when you press the brake , the light shows amber and not red

So looking at the functionality I've got so far :

Disable front running lights so the function as just direction indicators
Re-activate the main rear central running light

So left to sort is disabling the side marker running and brake lights leaving only the amber LED's illuminated when signalling

Cheers

John

hakan06

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2024, 11:40:33 PM »
Hello, I have a 2021 Bmw s1000rr and Hex GS-911 wifi. How can I join the BETA program?????

stuipooey65

• Beta testers
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2024, 06:25:07 PM »
Hi Will - I've sent you a message on the BETA test thread on UKGSer that we had running back end of last year

I am still not able to dim at all the brake light intensity from the rear two side marker lights on my 2022 R1200GSA
Choosing "Disable rear cruising lights" has no effect on the rear two side marker lights , they stay on . If I disable the front cruising lights that works fine and they switch off
Choosing "Disable Combined Rear Light and Indicator Output" turns the rear two side marker lights amber LED's on only (no red LED's activate) and when you press the brake , the light shows amber and not red

So looking at the functionality I've got so far :

Disable front running lights so the function as just direction indicators
Re-activate the main rear central running light

So left to sort is disabling the side marker running and brake lights leaving only the amber LED's illuminated when signalling

Cheers

John

i had the same issue John, to get around it go into the configuration option and set the brake light intensity to zero. You can have the red day time marker lights on(they will not get brighter when braking) if you leave the intensity set at 10%. If you want to turn them off completely and just have indicators set this parameter to zero.

GS_Al

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2024, 04:52:13 PM »
I have a 2023 R1250GS Rallye and I'd be happy to be a beta tester.  I assume I post here and someone messages me in due course, but let me know if I need to do anything else.

tjones

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2024, 08:01:56 PM »
Just took delivery of the new 1300GS last month. Hoping that there will be a release of added features for the gs-911 on the 1300 coming soon! Let me know if you need a beta tester for the 1300GS