Author Topic: 1150RT connection problems  (Read 2268 times)

BartGSRT

1150RT connection problems
« on: September 09, 2023, 08:48:54 PM »
Hello  Forum.

I am Bart from The Netherlands. living in Canada.
Long term GS rider and new owner to an RT and a GS911 WIFI.
Already having some questions.

After activating the GS-911 WIFI I have difficulties connecting it o my R1150RT (2004).
After plugging it in to the bike I is not Turing on. even with contact on, side stand in and the engine running.
I did try to use the USB cable (with an I pad). Than it is activated but will not see the RT.

When connected to my R1200GS (2011) is will connect with no problem.
So the GS-911 is working.

What can I measure in on the Bike to see if I get a signal?
Measuring inside the ODB port?

B-art

botus

• Beta testers
Re: 1150RT connection problems
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 01:21:31 PM »
Hello  Forum.

I am Bart from The Netherlands. living in Canada.
Long term GS rider and new owner to an RT and a GS911 WIFI.
Already having some questions.

After activating the GS-911 WIFI I have difficulties connecting it o my R1150RT (2004).
After plugging it in to the bike I is not Turing on. even with contact on, side stand in and the engine running.
I did try to use the USB cable (with an I pad). Than it is activated but will not see the RT.

When connected to my R1200GS (2011) is will connect with no problem.
So the GS-911 is working.

What can I measure in on the Bike to see if I get a signal?
Measuring inside the ODB port?

B-art

did you buy the round pin device - so you don't adapt the connector back to the old world with another cable ?
if you have the modern ODB2 connector (like cars and all bikes since 2016) and adapt backwards who's cable are you using?
last point double check - some old stuff only copes with the old yellow 911 and even if it copes with the red one - MIGHT need a different software package on a Windows PC see legacy version

this is a GREAT reason this site need to be continuing one post of update notifications -  as its better than a random one off new page for each new update !

seems the red one should work
https://www.hexgs911.com/function-chart/

can't find if you need this if you have the current windows app and its not working try the legacy app
https://www.hexgs911.com/faq/will-the-legacy-app-still-be-supported/

« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 01:49:24 PM by botus »

BartGSRT

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2023, 03:17:05 PM »
Hello Botus

Thank you for your reply.

I have the round plug GS-911. so no adapter cable.
There round plug ODB on the 1150RT (2004)as there is on my 1200GS (2011)

At this moment I registered the GS-911 with MAC not PC. on the 1200 it works fine.

Looking at the charts mentioned the device should be compatible with the RT (R22)

Is there some thing I could measure in the ODB on the bike?

botus

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2023, 11:20:59 AM »
Hello Botus

Thank you for your reply.

I have the round plug GS-911. so no adapter cable.
There round plug ODB on the 1150RT (2004)as there is on my 1200GS (2011)

At this moment I registered the GS-911 with MAC not PC. on the 1200 it works fine.

Looking at the charts mentioned the device should be compatible with the RT (R22)

Is there some thing I could measure in the ODB on the bike?

there should be voltage at the diagnostic plug of the bike (usually key on or off), - but not sure which Pin - check the 1200 and then the same pin on the 1150?
I have no idea about fuses on the 1150 (some vehicles have a fuse for the diagnostic socket power), the 1200 doesn't get any - on this one its all done by the ZFE and its canbus

try and find another 1150 and plug it in there - the red 911 thing should light up and so show LEDs flashing even without being connected to anything other than the bike - if that's not happening then I guess its the bike not supplying power, or some moron has fiddled with it and what's supposed to be at the socket isn't

If the 911 lights up but the MAC isn't behaving - that might be as this bit was never developed for older bikes ? (do Hex support a MAC ? - I know they did on an iPhone)

if you want to do car or bike diagnostics without hell - you never ever try to do it with an apple device - Apple makes up the rules for its own software (as in, there aren't any) and its all random gibberish - so no manufacturer tried to confuse a car or bike even more by making software that was compatible using their equipment

that situation has changed as Apple had to keep up with the competition and couldn't afford to keep buying in slower more expensive hardware - about 10 years back they basically moved to mostly windows hardware and as the people doing software across the world now just use compilers to make up software (as they have no actual understanding these days) - its probably close to windows stuff in later Apple kit

« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 12:19:26 PM by botus »