Author Topic: 2012 K1600 GTL error 0X21F5E0  (Read 2778 times)

Pawkee

2012 K1600 GTL error 0X21F5E0
« on: August 11, 2023, 02:38:36 AM »
I recently purchased a 2012 K1600 GTL with 3339 miles on it.  The battery was toast.  I replaced it.  Check engine light is on.  Engine runs smooth at idle.  When advancing idle, the motor either hesitates or dies.

I purchased a GS-911 Wifi and did a full scan.  There were several codes due to the bad battery. I cleared all the codes.  I then did another full scan.  Engine controller had a code: 0x21F5E0 Fuse activated for Electric fuel pump, short circuit to ground or overload

I did run a test of the fuel pump and it said it completed successfully although, I did not hear the pump during the test.

I searched all over the forums and Google with no luck.  I did read that there was. a recall for the fuel pump on the 2012 k1600 GTL.

The GS-911 is also showing a VIN mismatch between the ABS Brakes OK and the Electronic Suspension OK in the Controller Summary.  Should I be worried?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ruan

• Administrator
Re: 2012 K1600 GTL error 0X21F5E0
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 11:15:34 AM »
Hi Pawkee

Thanks for the details. If there is a campaign (BMW's wording for a recall) on the fuel pump, it might be best to contact a dealer with your VIN and ask whether the campaign has been completed on your bike.

As for DIY fixing, the service plan according to the manual is below:
Service Plan
Check lines, wiring harness and plug connectors to electric fuel pump.

Check plug connector, wiring harness to DME

Check electric fuel pump

The symptoms are identical to what you are describing.

Kind regards
Ruan