Author Topic: Hello from Brisbane Australia  (Read 2225 times)

Totgas

Hello from Brisbane Australia
« on: June 08, 2023, 02:48:29 AM »
Been a motorbike rider since I was 14. I a lot older now and hopefully somewhat wiser although my two wives may think otherwise.
Loved Honda's all my life despite having the occasional Kawasaki and Yamaha. Have been a Motorcycle Marshal for the last 10 years and as a result have predominately ridden Police bikes.
Have been using a R1200RT for the last 5. Very comfortable, especially for long distance. Likely to be my last bike so what better a way to finish up.

Ruan

• Administrator
Re: Hello from Brisbane Australia
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 10:29:12 AM »
Welcome to the forum Totgas! We hope you enjoy your stay here and your miles at home.

The RT is a great bike, I personally just prefer the K1600 for the rider height, as I'm unfortunately a short leg man, but the concepts of them are very similar for comfort :-)

Kind regards
Ruan

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Hello from Brisbane Australia
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 03:31:04 AM »
Been a motorbike rider since I was 14. I a lot older now and hopefully somewhat wiser although my two wives may think otherwise.
Loved Honda's all my life despite having the occasional Kawasaki and Yamaha. Have been a Motorcycle Marshal for the last 10 years and as a result have predominately ridden Police bikes.
Have been using a R1200RT for the last 5. Very comfortable, especially for long distance. Likely to be my last bike so what better a way to finish up.

Welcome to the forum, I am in Sydney, up your way if you ever need to discuss an issue with a good independent repairer you could look up Tor Motors on the sunny coast, Tor & Donna go the extra yards for their customers