Author Topic: Innovv K2 connected to Ezcan Gen 2 stopped working - now FIXED  (Read 2761 times)

P248

I’ve been running an Innovv K2 dashcam powered by a Gen 2 Ezcan on my R1250GS successfully for over 2 years, but it’s suddenly stopped working.

The Innovv K2 is set up as follows: the Innovv power supply converter box is connected to the Ezcan white channel, which is configured as an accessory channel with 30 secs delay. The Innovv converter box has its red battery cable connected to the Ezcan output solid white cable, the black battery cable connected to the Ezcan output black cable and the yellow live switch wire connected to the Ezcan output thin white with tracer cable. As I said before, this set-up has worked perfectly for over 2 years, but it has now suddenly stopped working.

What happens now is the blue LED on the Innovv converter box briefly flashes on when the ignition is switched on and then dies. The Innovv DVR does not switch on at all. I have tried connecting the Innovv converter box to the Ezcan yellow channel (also configured as an Accessory), and the same thing happens. I have also tried a brand new Innovv converter box connected to the Ezcan, but the result is exactly same. If I power up the Innovv DVR using its USB socket, it works perfectly. As a temporary measure I am running it off a 12v/5v USB adaptor plugged into a Hella type power socket supplied by the Ezcan. Not ideal if it’s wet.

It looks to me as if the yellow 12v detection wire to the Innovv converter isn’t receiving any signal from the Ezcan so the Innovv converter isn’t switching on the power supply to the DVR. Has something changed in one of the recent Ezcan updates which means that the channel signal wire no longer provides a trigger to the yellow wire on Innovv converter box?

What do I have to do to get my Innovv working properly again?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 01:27:10 PM by P248 »

abdullah

Re: Innovv K2 connected to Ezcan Gen 2 stopped working
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2023, 12:03:10 AM »

first try to reconnect red and yellow wire to positve lead directly to battery and black to negative if its function properly thats mean ez can have some issue
if not its mean innove device have issue by the way, did you check memorey card it could be the reasone of device not working smiller to operate device without memorey its will blink for few seconds then shutdown

P248

Re: Innovv K2 connected to Ezcan Gen 2 stopped working - FIXED!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2023, 12:26:52 PM »
Thanks abdullah.

The problem is fixed, although I’m not entirely sure what the cure was.

This morning I connected the ezcan to the Accessory Manager updater software, and it advised me my ezcan is a “RELEASE” version and needed to be updated with the “RELEASE” version of the software, which I did. I updated the ezcan only two days ago, in an unsuccessful attempt to fix the problem with the K2, but that update made no mention of “RELEASE”. I’ve no idea what “RELEASE” version means. Can anyone help me with that? 

Unfortunately the “RELEASE” version did not fix the problem with the K2. Then I found the button in the Accessory Manager that allows an unused Anccessory channel to be switched off completely. I toggled the channel powering the K2 off and then back on again, and my problem was fixed! The K2 is now working normally powered from the ezcan.

My guess is that somehow the thin  signal wire from the ezcan has been switched off somehow and it came back on when the ezcan Accessory channel was cycled.

[UPDATE: Hex have advised me that by “RELEASE” they mean the version ready for general release, as opposed to “BETA”  for example, which is a version still undergoing final testing. I have never seen any of the previous updates to my Ezcan named in the update window as the “RELEASE” version. Still, that particular mystery is now solved.]
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 01:26:27 PM by P248 »