Author Topic: Gs-911 constantly disconnects / reconnects from USB - ONLY WHEN connected to bik  (Read 3843 times)

JRWooden

I'm getting ready for a trip from North Carolina to Guatemala in a week, and my GS-911 acting up is NOT what I had in mind.
Any help would be much appreciated.

When I my connect Gs-911 WiFi to my bike it constantly disconnects and re-connects from USB port on my laptop.
It does NOT do this when it is not connected to the bike.

I've had same bike, same Windows 10 laptop computer, and same GS-911 for a number of years.

I had previously installed the Jan. 2023 updates but not sure if I have used the unit since.

I tried the uninstall / reinstall and used Revo Uninstaller for "extra clean" uninstall

The re-install was: GS-911Diagnostics-v2210.3
After re-installing I checked for updates and one was installed, but I'm not sure what the update included.

Still broken - screen shot below, I'm under the gun here folks so THANKS in advance for any assist!

Jim

Copy-and-paste of specs from "about" page is attached.

WayneC

• Beta testers
Remember that the new PC App now has TCP/IP capability so if you have WiFi in the workshop & the GS911 WiFi is set up to connect to WiFi you will see it when opening the PC App so you can avoid the usb connection & use the TCP/IP connection to debug whether an issue is due to usb connection or some other problem

JRWooden

Thank you Wayne!

I'll try WiFi in the AM ... I have not kept up with how much the wifi side has improved in functionality...

If I can bleed the ABS unit via wifi, I'll head to guatemala and worry about the rest later   ;)

Jim

JRWooden

WayneC: 

My e-mail to you bounced back, but THANKs for the insights!

I'll report in this evening  ;-)

Jim

WayneC

• Beta testers
WayneC: 

My e-mail to you bounced back, but THANKs for the insights!

I'll report in this evening  ;-)

Jim

Jim

Having an email you sent bounce back concerns me as I was dealing with a DNS issue last week, can you post  the rejection message in the PM or via my 650GS web site contact form ?

Regards
Wayne

JRWooden

Wayne:

Look for a PM from me... I tried the contact link on your web page and nothing happened when I clicked on it...

JRWooden

General update:

the "legacy" version 2104.7  code works flawlessly for me over USB   --- No disconnect/reconnects.

I got my ABS brake system flushed, so will consider that my "victory" for today

At least for me the latest version is not functional   :-[

WayneC

• Beta testers

General update:

the "legacy" version 2104.7  code works flawlessly for me over USB   --- No disconnect/reconnects.

I got my ABS brake system flushed, so will consider that my "victory" for today

At least for me the latest version is not functional   :-[

Jim,
Good to hear you are sorted, report the issue to support so they can take a look while they are working on the beta for the next release, they will need the debug files from the PC App

JRWooden

Thanks Wayne!

I will report it and tell 'em ... hey look at this thread  ....  ;D

WayneC

• Beta testers
I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your GS-911. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:
Make sure that your GS-911 is fully charged before attempting to connect it to your bike.
Ensure that the USB cable you're using is in good condition and securely connected to both the GS-911 and your laptop.
Try connecting the GS-911 to a different USB port on your laptop to see if that resolves the issue.
Check that you have the latest drivers installed for your GS-911 and your laptop's USB ports. You can usually find these on the manufacturer's website.
Try resetting your GS-911 by holding down the button for 10 seconds while it's connected to your bike.
If none of the above steps work, you can try contacting the GS-911 technical support team for further assistance. They should be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and determine if there's a hardware problem with your device. squidward
I hope this helps, and I wish you a safe and enjoyable trip to Guatemala!

SPAM of AI text & a link to squidward

JRWooden

Thanks folks!

It appears that my issue had/has something to do with current level of software / firmware.
I've never messed with it before, but if I put the GS-911 in  D2D mode the problem goes away.

I do have an open support ticket with HexCode.

Since a new release of s/w and firmware have just come out I have been advised to update,
and see if the issue persists.

I'll post back later today with results!

Again, thanks for your help!

Jim

JRWooden

Ok ... I flashed in the new firmware & installed new s/w:

GUI 1.181
Application
Software Version 2304.2
Data pack Version 237
Scripts Version 137
Device
Firmware Version 1.76 - 0.261
Base System Version 0.27 - 0.13 - 4
Data pack Version 237

USB still disconnects/reconnects if I am in WiFi infrastructure mode when using my laptop connected via USB,
but AT A MUCH SLOWER RATE ...

When I switch the mode to D2D it behaves fine.

So I'm good I'll just make sure I'm in D2D

There still seems to be some issue, but it is less severe in new version.

thanks all!
Jim

WayneC

• Beta testers
Remember that the new PC App now has TCP/IP capability so if you have WiFi in the workshop & the GS911 WiFi is set up to connect to WiFi you will see it when opening the PC App so you can avoid the usb connection & use the TCP/IP connection to debug whether an issue is due to usb connection or some other problem bitlife
Some power-saving settings on your laptop may cause USB devices to disconnect or behave inconsistently. Temporarily disable or adjust these settings and see if it improves the stability of the GS-911 connection.

Very sneaky spam there adding a link into my earlier post then telling me how to suck eggs in your post

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
Very sneaky spam there adding a link into my earlier post then telling me how to suck eggs in your post

Yup, these AI posts are REALLY annoying!

Ruan

• Administrator
Agreed, I'm banning about 2 users per day it seems and they just keep crawling back with new IPs and profiles -_-