Author Topic: Problems Validating GS911 during diagnostic download  (Read 3493 times)

Dr Rich

Problems Validating GS911 during diagnostic download
« on: December 18, 2022, 05:19:40 PM »
Hi all

I’ve had my GS911 WiFi for many years and my laptop was getting slow so I cleared everything off reloaded windows 10 and am just going to have a few programs on it.

The others have loaded fine but when I come to the diagnostic program through the new downloader it gets stuck validating my gs 911 !

However I’ve downloaded the WiFi utility program and it recognises both me, my details and this gs911. I can’t understand what’s happening and I’ve now tried four times.

Thank you for any ideas

Rich

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Problems Validating GS911 during diagnostic download
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 01:39:32 AM »
I assume you are installing the old GS911 software, Hexcode have introduced the new GS911 Diagnosics software so there are now 2 PC Apps, the old legacy GS911 PC App & the new GS911 Diagnostics PC App which is where development will occur going forward

The new PC App downloads components as it installs eliminating the need for the old downloader, install it & see how you go

Dr Rich

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 10:23:01 AM »
Hi

Thanks - yes I am using Hexcodes website - I can see the current diagnostic software obtained through the downloader and the legacy software too. I am trying to use the current software not the old legacy one for my gs 911 WiFi but thanks for your input.

Rich

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 10:56:54 AM »
Hi

Thanks - yes I am using Hexcodes website - I can see the current diagnostic software obtained through the downloader and the legacy software too. I am trying to use the current software not the old legacy one for my gs 911 WiFi but thanks for your input.

Rich
You confuse me a little in saying " current diagnostic software obtained through the downloader" as it is only the legacy PC App which requires the downloader, the new PC App is a small installer which downloads components on the fly

https://www.hexgs911.com/gs-911-downloads/

Dr Rich

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022, 11:22:59 AM »
Sorry you're right you have explained it better than me. I am doing what you recommend.

When I try to download the diagnostics program directly it gets stuck on the download validating my gs 911

The message is

GS911 Diagnostics Setup
Error validating GS911 device (device number) for installation.
Please make sure you are connected to the internet contact HEXCode support

I am connected to the internet

Thank you

Rich

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2022, 01:09:19 PM »
OK, no worries, I come with years of pedantic IT/Telecoms work so I tend to be a little precise  :D

i saw in another thread some one getting "404" errors in an install & that is a web server error so I suspect the module needed to complete your install is not downloaded or is damaged, lodge a support ticket https://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 01:10:53 PM by WayneC »

Dr Rich

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2022, 08:33:20 PM »
Thanks Wayne

I've lodged a ticket with Jan at HexCode to see if they can sort it on my PC.

Meanwhile I've downloaded Wifi Utility to my MacBook and ran an autoscan on my 1200GS this morning but it told me I was almost out of range on the wifi.

I will try to move the router I think to see if that helps. I am starting to learn about the Infrastructure and D2D settings which are confusing me at the moment!

Thanks again

Rich

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2022, 03:42:36 AM »
Thanks Wayne

I've lodged a ticket with Jan at HexCode to see if they can sort it on my PC.

Meanwhile I've downloaded Wifi Utility to my MacBook and ran an autoscan on my 1200GS this morning but it told me I was almost out of range on the wifi.

I will try to move the router I think to see if that helps. I am starting to learn about the Infrastructure and D2D settings which are confusing me at the moment!

Thanks again

Rich

Understood, in setting up networks, particularly a workshop I often use a Range Extender to improve reception, they are low cost & effective, I also get routers to "reserve" IP No's for devices so we can bookmark each device in web  browser

D2D is really for out on the road situations where infrastructure is for home base/workshop giving better speed to web/cloud