Author Topic: New from AZ  (Read 2402 times)

Truk Plow

New from AZ
« on: December 12, 2022, 06:45:16 AM »
Hi,
I've been riding for over 30 years.  Owned over 30 different bikes over the years.  My first BMW was a '99 R1200C.  Now I have a 2005 R1200ST which I picked up at an auction recently.  It has just over 50k miles on it.  I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade.  I'm working on getting the ST running.  The bike turns on but will not start.  It's not an immobilizer issue.  Pretty sure the bike has thrown codes and it's disabled the ability for it to start. 

I just purchased the old yellow GS 911 USB/BLU.  It won't update the firmware.  When I get to the test interface screen, I keep getting the "libcurl function was given a bad argument.  Make sure you have a good internet connection."  Help! 

schuppi

Re: New from AZ
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 02:03:22 PM »
Hello and welcome

To use your old yellow GS 911 USB/BLU, you have to download the  GS-911 Legacy Appli­cation.

Possible fault maybe the fuel supply, power amplifier for the fuel pump.

Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more

Truk Plow

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2022, 07:45:55 AM »
I know I need the legacy software.  I cannot get the interface to pass the "Test Interface"  part of the software install on my Windows 10 PC.  It always say "Error: Libcurl function has a bad gateway"  or something like that.  Anyone know how to fix this?

Ruan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2023, 10:16:30 AM »
Hi Truk Plow

Thank you for the details provided. Could you please send through some photos or screenshots of the error you are experiencing to support@hexcode.co.za

Then, it might be that your antivirus is blocking a specific file from executing, if you're using any of the "big" brands of antivirus software, such as McAfee, Norton, etc, please ensure that the AV is up to date as we have no issues with the latest versions of AV software.

Kind regards
Ruan