Author Topic: Hi gang, new from Lake Havasu City AZ  (Read 4050 times)

FIRE UP

Hi gang, new from Lake Havasu City AZ
« on: February 01, 2022, 11:16:51 PM »
Hey People,
 Brand spankin' new here. I presently have a 2015 BMW K1600 GTL-E and love it. I just recently purchased a USB version of the GS-911 and, had a problem with it right off the bat. The LED power up light never worked. So, I had it replaced under warranty. I recieved the new one and, the LED worked on it, for about 10 minutes then, nothing. The unit functions somewhat normal but, I do have issues. Anyway,  I thought I'd introduce myself and, say hi.
Scott

Francois Barnard

• Administrator
    • HEX Innovate
Re: Hi gang, new from Lake Havasu City AZ
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 12:02:14 PM »
Hey People,
 Brand spankin' new here. I presently have a 2015 BMW K1600 GTL-E and love it. I just recently purchased a USB version of the GS-911 and, had a problem with it right off the bat. The LED power up light never worked. So, I had it replaced under warranty. I recieved the new one and, the LED worked on it, for about 10 minutes then, nothing. The unit functions somewhat normal but, I do have issues. Anyway,  I thought I'd introduce myself and, say hi.
Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for joining the forum!

We've perused your GS-911 Diagnostics PC App logs and noted some memory issues which would have caused intermittent problems with Autoscan, Service Functions, etc. This is been addressed in a new version which will go into BETA testing later today and likely public RELEASE later in the week.

Have a good one!

Kind regards,
Francois

FIRE UP

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 06:44:35 PM »
Francois,
 I appreciate you getting back to me on here. But, as I told "Jan" multiple times, I have NO LED power up light on the unit. This is the second unit I've purchased in just over a month. The first one NEVER DID light up the power up LED. With the second unit, the LED only lasted for one usage and then started flickering and, has ceased to operate. I've had some other operational hiccups with this second unit as well. For some odd reason, it's telling me the tire pressure is SEVENTY SEVEN POUNDS and, the tire temp is NEGATIVE 58 DEGREES!!!!  It has stated that multiple times when I go to the tire pressure information. And, my front tire pressure sensor has ceased to display on the dash, multiple times and, the GS-911 is not telling me that there's a problem. When I've used these GS911 tools, it's always been in my garage. The inside temperature of that garage, is right at 72-73 degrees. So, I'm pretty sure the tire temp is not -58 degrees!!!!!!!!  And, just to verify the pressures in them, I removed the valve cap and checked with mulitple guages and the front was/is 32 psi and the rear is 38 psi. So, again, pretty sure the tire pressure, according to the GS 911 IS NOT 77 PSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first GS911 I purchased, which as stated, never did have the LED power up light work, did tell me the front tire pressure sensor has faulted multiple times and also stated on which day it happened and at what time. This new GS911, is not displaying anything pertaining to any tire pressure sensor failures. As far as I'm concerned, this GS 911 is a faulty unit and must be replaced. I will be contacting Amazon for a replacement unit, AGAIN.
Scott

Francois Barnard

• Administrator
    • HEX Innovate
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 09:41:04 AM »
Hi Scott,

The Status LED not lighting up is incredibly rare with the HEX-NET generation GS-911 hardware.  As such I am a quite concerned given that this is your replacement unit! That said, the LEDs functioning should have no influence on the GS-911's diagnostic abilities with the PC software. The erroneous tire pressures you are seeing is certainly a software issue in that the values read from the bike is not interpreted correctly.
Can you please upload the GS-911 Diagnostics debug logs after you have read those values again and let us know? We will go through your previous logs as well in the mean time.

Regarding replacing your unit - I agree since the LED should be functioning.

Kind regards,
Francois

Wilco

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 10:27:55 AM »
The extreme values mentioned sound like a sensor that has not been woken up and the RDC is returning default values.
We've discussed now internally an approach to detect this and give an indication in the Real-time Values display.

FIRE UP

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 07:12:30 PM »
I certainly appreciate the return message(s) here.
  I will get you your screen shots you asked for. As for the rarity of the LED non function, well that may be. But, according to your supplier here in the U.S. I'm not the only one it's happened to. And, while a non functioning LED *may* have no affect on the performance of the unit itself, when one pays that much for a tool like this, one wants ALL of it to function correctly. And, in my way of looking at this situation, since at present, I cannot tell if the unit is powered up, if something goes additionally wrong with it in the future, maybe tomorrow, maybe next month, maybe next year, I won't be able to tell if it's my unit or my bike, or a wire that powers the unit up or ? See what I'm getting at? Therefore, the sooner I can get this unit replaced, the more confidence I'll have in the total operations of it.

As far as my illogical tire readings and, the potential for a sensor or both, not being woken up, well, I'm not an expert on the operations of them but, here's the deal. I purchased the 2015 K1600 GTL-Exclusive in April of 2021 with 22,000 miles on it. The previous owner, was the original owner. Whenever there was any form of work on the bike needed, he was off to the local BMW dealer to have it done. With all that being said, one month before I purchased it, his dealer had installed TWO NEW tire pressure sensors, TWO new tires, a new battery and a full service on the bike. He'd had issues with the tire pressure sensors prior to this service.

The dealer installed the new sensors and flashed them into the bikes operations.  Now, for up to or around, maybe 6-8 months of me owning and riding that K1600, both of those tire sensors would activate within maybe 3-5 miles per hour and or, maybe a hundred or so feet of me starting a ride. Then, approximately maybe 3 or so months ago, the front would take its time registering on the dash. The rear was always right there, in the time I mentioned.  But, in the last month or so, BOTH of them are now taking their time time to register on the dash. I may go for several miles before either will register. And it's usually the rear that registers first. Then, if it feels like it, the front will appear.

My first GS911, which was returned due to a NON FUNCTIONING LED,, once it was all setup on the computer and bike, during an auto-scan, showed the front tire sensor malfunctioning several times. And, not only that but, it labeled the date and time those faults happened. I thought that was great. What I didn't think was so great was/is, the fact that those sensors, BOTH of them, are only a year old and are malfunctioning on a daily basis. And those were somewhere in the neightborhood of around  $120.00 EACH!!!!!!!    I am getting no tire pressure LOW BATTERY readings either on the dash or in the readings of the old GS911 or the replacement I have now.

So, the assumption that the sensor in the front needs to be woken up is to me, not accurate, based on my knowledge of how the system has worked up to this point. And, in multiple auto scans from this new GS 911, the tire pressure monitor system is showing ZERO FAULTS and no malfunctions whatsoever. How can that be when either or both sensors fail to display on a regular basis?

Now we come to the erroneous readings of 77 psi and -58 degrees.  Each time I run an auto scan or dive into the tire pressure controller system, again, not only do I not see any faults but, those are the readings I am presented with. And, also as stated previously, I know that the presented tire pressures are completely false as I have taken the psi readings more than a couple of times to make sure, my tires are where they're supposed to be for safe riding. And as for -58 degrees, well, if it's a soft ware item, and that much of an erroneous reading, then how am I to trust whatever else that GS911 is telling me in terms of accuracy in other bike functions? Gentlemen, again I appreciate your looking into my issues with your product for sure. But, as stated, this unit needs to be replaced.
Scott

FIRE UP

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 08:29:13 PM »
Since I'm new to the forum, some forums don't allow for pics to be presented by newbies so, I'll give it a try. Here's the screen shots you asked for:

Well, I tried but, it replied that it was too large of a request so, I'll do this in an email.
Scott