Author Topic: New GS-911  (Read 156357 times)

Haakon

Re: New GS-911
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2013, 10:09:45 PM »
 :-[ So sorry (I missed the "new" GS911) YES- not bluetooth.
Its "local" tho, so no need for a regular cellphone connection.
2000 F650-GS

fotodadi

« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2013, 07:51:17 AM »
There is a rumor of a new GS-911 on the horizon...  :D

Stephan

Stephan, any idea when this rumour will become fact? ;)

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2013, 11:18:23 AM »
this rumor is a fact as of today..  8)

...however, where the horizon is, I cannot say... Not because I don't want to, but because there are still several unknowns and a lot of work remains to be done... This forum will be the first to know..

best,
Stephan
currently riding:
    BMW F850GS Adv - slightly modified
    HD Pan America - development bike for ezCAN

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2013, 11:49:37 AM »

...however, where the horizon is, I cannot say... Not because I don't want to, but because there are still several unknowns and a lot of work remains to be done... This forum will be the first to know..

best,
Stephan

Awesome news!!  ;D

cjburr

« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2013, 11:30:01 AM »

best,
Stephan

forgive me for my ignorance but I've just spent the better part of an hour trying to determine where I can purchase a new GS-911 to use on my 09 K1300S, google did me no good and I cannot find any link here to purchase it either. If someone would be so kind as to provide a link to where I can make my purchase I would greatly appreciate it, I am in Afghanistan and my internet is extremely slow so doing searches is a PITA.

You guys might want to consider making the purchase of your product a little easier, such as a link/sticky at the top of this forum.

Finally found it here http://www.hardracing.com/GS911.htm, are these guys authorized dealers? I've seen the Chinese rip offs on Amazon and want to be sure I'm getting the new version that will work with my iPhone
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 11:41:18 AM by cjburr »

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2013, 12:15:22 PM »
Not sure what you were googling for....

seeing as this is the official GS-911 forum... and it is hosted on forum.hexcode.co.za, I would look at www.hexcode.co.za  ;)

there you will find a list of resellers - find the one closest to you...
 http://www.hexcode.co.za/resellers

when I google for GS-911...  here is what I get
 http://lmgtfy.com/?q=GS-911

the first 2 are us at HEXcode.co.za the next are the official USA distributor and the rest on that first page are all official

best,
Stephan
currently riding:

cjburr

« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2013, 12:36:32 PM »
thank you Stephan, I was googling "where to buy a GS-911" all I got were forums and a link to a Chinese rip off on Amazon......anyway thank you for getting me where I need to be  :-[

RegB

« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2013, 02:57:22 AM »
Correct, all the current models that have the 10pin connector as well the the new chassis type referred to as K001 by BMW (with currently are the K48 and K50)

We're working real hard on the new unit and you will see it in action at the MOA

As for an upgrade plan, we'll have to think about this some more... (and you're welcome to make suggestions) - however I cannot see a way to do this yet... (given the size of the market vs. the development cost + cost of the product).

best,
Stephan

Hi,
I'm "new" here and hope to be a "NEW" GS-911 owner soon.
That is to say I have ordered one, they are out of stock, supposedly will be here "soon".

So my basic question is "How "NEW" will my unit be ?"
i.e. NOS (New, Old Stock) or NNS (New, new stock)

BTW, I am paying full price, i.e. not a close out price on a soon to be obsolete product.
tnx.

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2013, 09:10:05 AM »
I think you are mixing topics here...

the "New" GS-911, is the GS-911wifi, and it is not available yet... as a matter of fact it has not even been released to any Beta testers yet... and no price has even been set on it... So I don't see that you have ordered one...

what you might have ordered was the current generation of GS-911blu or GS-911usb... These are not obsolete, and will for the foreseeable future run parallel to the GS-911wifi

where did you order (so I can address their stock issue)

best,
Stephan
currently riding:

Washburn

« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2013, 11:48:38 AM »
The only regret i have is not getting one sooner. This thing is amazing.
One suggestion for the new one, and maybe its been suggested or invented, would be a screw on cap like the one on the plug on the bike. This way no dirt would enter while in the tank bag.

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2013, 12:08:51 PM »
The only regret i have is not getting one sooner. This thing is amazing.
One suggestion for the new one, and maybe its been suggested or invented, would be a screw on cap like the one on the plug on the bike. This way no dirt would enter while in the tank bag.
What if you could leave the NEW one plugged into the bike...?  Would that solve your problem?

;)
currently riding:

Washburn

« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2013, 02:34:36 PM »
Indeed it would.

gr8ridn

• Beta testers
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2013, 05:26:04 PM »
Leaving the GS 911 plugged in to the bike might create battery issues when parked for more than a couple days. As I recall the tool has the led on once it is plugged in.

I leave mine in the box it was sold in with the foam cutout. Dirt hasn't been an issue. If that isn't compact enough, perhaps a zip lock sandwich bag will do the trick.
2014 R1200 GSA

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2013, 05:27:35 PM »
Leaving the GS 911 plugged in to the bike might create battery issues when parked for more than a couple days. As I recall the tool has the led on once it is plugged in.

I leave mine in the box it was sold in with the foam cutout. Dirt hasn't been an issue. If that isn't compact enough, perhaps a zip lock sandwich bag will do the trick.
remember... we're talking NEW GS-911 here... not the current generation... two completely different beasts... and the current generation was not designed to be left in the bike, permanently...

best,
Stephan
currently riding:

gr8ridn

• Beta testers
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2013, 06:08:03 PM »
That is indeed an interesting capability making real-time monitoring much easier and accessible.
2014 R1200 GSA