Author Topic: New GS-911  (Read 156282 times)

NeelsK

Re: New GS-911
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2013, 09:23:11 PM »
Psaaaahhhh too much nagging nagging.  I feel as if I somehow got married with out my knowledge just reading this forum ;)  I am a very satisfied owner of a blu Prof version.  In Qatar we serviced our own bikes so it was invaluable in our little riding circle.  Since moving back to SA I've bought the new LC so my 911 is just gathering dust.  Given that the bike only has 11k on the clock I haven't REALLY needed it (except for the 10k service where the dealer forgot to reset service indicator), but it is nice to have the functionality available hehe.  So Stephan, sign me up for the new one! No rush. Tomorrow will be fine  ;D  In the mean time, if anyone has a need for a 911 blu Prof version, drop me a line.

Haakon

« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2013, 09:26:28 PM »
In the future:

1: Do you plan on selling the "old" GS911 some years after the new is for sale?
    (not everyone will need the added functions and web based interface- not all will want to pay the higher price?)
2: If you do plan on selling both units I hope both will have regular updates - free or not :-)
    (the "old" for at least some years into the future)
3: I see a possible problem when owners of the "old" upgrade and want to sell the old on the web.
    That will open up the market for counterfeit units  :-(
    Is it possible to make a register where a possible buyer can check if the unit they want to buy is a original one?
    I do see lots of problems with that, legal, personal protection and so on.

Ok, I admit it was a silly question and suggestion  ;)
Guess the only safe solution for buyers are to buy locally- so the seller can prove the updates work and the GS911 is a proper one.     

2000 F650-GS

ksing

« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2013, 11:31:16 PM »
One recommendation for pricing is to have a sliding scale from how long the older gs911 was bought.
I just bought one and it would really hurt if a new one was launched today :'(

Haakon

« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2013, 12:01:00 AM »
It will not hurt much if your new ("old" GS911) do the same as the "new" does, on your bike?
The only difference will then be if it is "web" based or not- right?
I think the "old" GS911 will be updated with new software for years..
Bottom line is- Would you pay (guessing) 2 times the price to have a web based unit instead?
IF the one you have now do exactly the same as the new one?
Haakon

PS: Yes, a "sliding scale" pricing for "new" GS911 buyers that want the new one instead is worth asking.
I do see lots of problems but...
IF you need and want the new edition I am sure you can easily sell it at a fair price, privately or online.
Haakon

One recommendation for pricing is to have a sliding scale from how long the older gs911 was bought.
I just bought one and it would really hurt if a new one was launched today :'(
2000 F650-GS

Dmftoy1

• Beta testers
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2013, 12:49:29 AM »
Stephen, another service light reset in < 100 miles. . . .your call, send you the money or give it to the dealer. . . Just sayin.  :)

fotodadi

« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2013, 01:31:24 PM »
Stephen, another service light reset in < 100 miles. . . .your call, send you the money or give it to the dealer. . . Just sayin.  :)

+1  ;) ;) ;)

Hint!!! Hint!!!

marchyman

• Beta testers
    • SNAFU Home
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2013, 07:48:44 AM »

Heh... I've another 1500 miles before I'll need to make that decision for my wethead... call it a month and a half.  Sure would be a nice Christmas gift.  :)

fotodadi

« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2013, 08:55:49 PM »

+1  ;) ;) ;)

Hint!!! Hint!!!

+10000

;) ;) ;)

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2013, 08:39:13 AM »
hehehe... what bike - I take it a new generation (or K48 or K50) ?

PM me  8)

best
Stephan
currently riding:
    BMW F850GS Adv - slightly modified
    HD Pan America - development bike for ezCAN

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2013, 08:41:27 AM »
So who of you with the new K50 and K48 are part of the Beta testing group?  ;)

best
Stephan
currently riding:

marchyman

• Beta testers
    • SNAFU Home
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2013, 08:53:07 AM »
Where's that little guy waving his hand in the air smiley.    ;)

I'm really looking forward to reading any codes that my K50 may have thrown during one or two anomalous operations.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 08:56:28 AM by marchyman »

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2013, 08:53:33 AM »
In the future:

1: Do you plan on selling the "old" GS911 some years after the new is for sale?
    (not everyone will need the added functions and web based interface- not all will want to pay the higher price?)
It will definitely be available for a while... remember the new GS-911wifi starts filling the gaps on the new generation of bikes (K48, K50, K51, K52, K53 etc)... while the current GS-911blu and GS-911usb have great functionality for the existing model ranges...

2: If you do plan on selling both units I hope both will have regular updates - free or not :-)
    (the "old" for at least some years into the future)
We've been releasing updates on a 3monthly basis since 2007... as functionality is added, so releases are made... on the free or not, there is just been an interesting thread opened on the forum that you might want to look at:
  http://forum.hexcode.co.za/forum/index.php/topic,181.0.html

3: I see a possible problem when owners of the "old" upgrade and want to sell the old on the web.
    That will open up the market for counterfeit units  :-(
    Is it possible to make a register where a possible buyer can check if the unit they want to buy is a original one?
    I do see lots of problems with that, legal, personal protection and so on.
an interesting thought... however, just make sure the user is using the latest beta version and then have a look at the registration data - if the interface is NOT registered to that specific person (and his email address), then DON'T buy it...

Ok, I admit it was a silly question and suggestion  ;)
Guess the only safe solution for buyers are to buy locally- so the seller can prove the updates work and the GS911 is a proper one.
correct - for now, just ask the owner where he purchased it - also there is a link to the local distributor in the help->About  - they can always look up in their records, or they can just contact us... but, if you do buy a cloned GS-911, insist on your money back... and if they don't, go to the police and make a case against them... (we will gladly assist with our expert knowledge  :) )

best
Stephan
currently riding:

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2013, 08:54:52 AM »
Where's that little guy waving his hand in the air smiley.    ;)
There should be a post in the Beta section shortly   8)
currently riding:

2wheeler

« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2013, 01:47:45 AM »
What about blocking the new GS-911 so that it can only read from the CAN-bus. Then it can not do any harm - and then let us buy it here and now - and then update it with functions for writing to the CAN-bus when this is safe?  Then we will be able to test our new R1200 and K1600.

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2013, 08:02:51 AM »
What about blocking the new GS-911 so that it can only read from the CAN-bus. Then it can not do any harm - and then let us buy it here and now - and then update it with functions for writing to the CAN-bus when this is safe?  Then we will be able to test our new R1200 and K1600.
that's not how it works...
currently riding: