Author Topic: 21f956: throttle grip sensor, adaptation not completed  (Read 1176 times)

M3GS

21f956: throttle grip sensor, adaptation not completed
« on: May 25, 2017, 02:33:55 PM »
Hi,

I just reset the throttle grip sensor on my  2014 1200GSA LC. The procedure completed successfully according to the software. However, I am left with the above fault code -which was NOT pre-existing obviously.

The bike runs and rides perfectly. The fault will not reset. I have tried the procedure 3 times altogether with the same result.

Could it be that there is an undocumented extra step which I have missed perhaps?

Anyhow, advice most appreciated as I am due a 2000 mile trip next week...

Cheers

Roger

M3GS

Re: 21f956: throttle grip sensor, adaptation not completed
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 10:22:29 AM »
OK I put in a support request and sent the logs to Hex Code. No response as yet.

Will update the board if a solution is found. I would really hate to have to take the bike back to BMW...

Thanks

Roger

M3GS

Re: 21f956: throttle grip sensor, adaptation not completed
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 11:34:12 AM »
OK this morning I tried a few different things as the issue was really bugging me.

I have successfully removed the fault code by perfoming a clean re-installation of the Windows software and repeating the throttle reset adaptation by connecting this time by WiFi.

I still await response from the guys in SA as my confidence in the device is a little dented right now...

I will leave this here in the hope that it will help someone in the future.  :)