Author Topic: Resetting Adaptation Values DME  (Read 765 times)

Andre J Champagne

Resetting Adaptation Values DME
« on: September 29, 2024, 03:19:47 PM »
Hi Team,
I have a 2023 GS1250 and continue to see on my TFT that I have an engine fault. This occurred after I had removed the gas tank to run cables for the HexEZCan/Denali lights. I did not disturb any other wiring and the fittings on the tank were clean and replaced ecaxtly the same as they were removed. I have removed and replaced the tank twice to be sure all the fittings are correct. When I try and start the bike the starter motor makes one half turn and stops, the bike will not start? I have used the GS911 for some time on many BMWs and when resetting the adaptation values all goes well until I attempt to reset the L&R Throttle Valves. It allows me to attempt to reset them but nothing happens. When I try again it says the rest has been completed, which is has not. You are suppose to hear load clicking of the vales beening reset but that is not the case here.
The engine fault remains and I can't start the bike. Has anyone experienced this and does anyone have any advice to assit me with this issue.
thanks
Andre

Ruan

• Administrator
Re: Resetting Adaptation Values DME
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2024, 02:04:07 PM »
Hi Andre

Thank you for the details provided. Can you please perform an autoscan and download it as a text file, then paste the autoscan results (copy the full text in the text file) here for us to review the applicable fault codes.

Kind regards
Ruan

Andre J Champagne

Re: Resetting Adaptation Values DME
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2024, 12:04:07 AM »
I am going to take it into the BMW dealer to see what's going on.
Thanks