Author Topic: Adding DWA alarm  (Read 5463 times)

Fleabag

Adding DWA alarm
« on: July 01, 2024, 05:53:14 PM »
Timely edition of this feature, I just purchased a CE 04 and it does not have the alarm module. So I bought the DWA module and I plan on programming it but what about the key fob? With the 911 allow me to program the key fob?

Borgia

Re: Adding DWA alarm
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2024, 06:07:44 PM »
The DWA manual tells you how to register the fob with the DWA.
Hey BMW: No service manual = no new bike.

Fleabag

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2024, 06:51:20 PM »
Thanks, now that you mentioned it, I think I may have seen a reference to fob programming in one of my other owners manuals.

botus

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2024, 10:57:33 PM »
The DWA manual tells you how to register the fob with the DWA.

I couldn't get any fobs paired following the lies and rubbish in the user manual after 20 attempts - and nor could my local BMW dealership following the lies and drivel in the manual or even plugged in talking to home in Germany !!!!!

but easily set the alarm module in paring mode using the GS911 and as instructed pushed the buttons on the fobs - then things worked perfectly
« Last Edit: July 03, 2024, 11:00:21 PM by botus »

Fleabag

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2024, 11:49:32 PM »
ha ha. Good to know, thanks!

Fleabag

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2024, 11:57:38 PM »
I was able to install the module and now I have the alarm settings in the TFT, but I can’t find where to put the alarm module in “pairing mode”. If I go to the alarm module coding with the GS911, I get this. “There  seems to be differences or missing data in the VIN or coding data for this controller. This can occur if a previous coding procedure was interrupted. An attempt will be made to restore a known good coding configuration for this controller.“

I can’t resolve this error or get the alarm buttons on the fob to activate/disactivate the alarm.

Fleabag

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2024, 04:13:48 PM »
I submitted a trouble ticket. If it’s resolved I’ll update this post for anyone that may come across this issue in the future.

I was able to install the module and now I have the alarm settings in the TFT, but I can’t find where to put the alarm module in “pairing mode”. If I go to the alarm module coding with the GS911, I get this. “There  seems to be differences or missing data in the VIN or coding data for this controller. This can occur if a previous coding procedure was interrupted. An attempt will be made to restore a known good coding configuration for this controller.“

I can’t resolve this error or get the alarm buttons on the fob to activate/disactivate the alarm.

Wilco

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2024, 02:45:14 PM »
I submitted a trouble ticket. If it’s resolved I’ll update this post for anyone that may come across this issue in the future.

Thanks for the ticket.
Just noting publicly here that we are working on your particular case (writing code to an uncoded XDWA controller), while botus is talking about the alarm remotes on the older DWA controller. The follow up request, coding remote buttons on the XDWA, is still in the investigation phase.

Fleabag

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2024, 05:19:36 PM »
Thanks!

BTW, I met a guy from your team at BMW MOA rally in Redmond, I’m not sure who that was. It was interesting to talk to him about the recent updates you have been doing. Speaking for myself, I appreciate the effort with things like this alarm module, the recent update to the controller that allowed me to get the Aux driving lights indicator to work on my R18B TFT panel, etc. Much appreciated!

Fleabag

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2024, 03:47:57 PM »
Resolved! The alarm module now works and the fey fob too.

ianr

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2024, 04:04:41 PM »
That’s good to hear.

Please can you tell us how you did it as I’ve run into exactly the same problem on my 2022 1250 gsa.

Gs-911 can see alarm unit, I can enable it. I can also get the alarm settings on the TFT however I can’t code the keyless ride key to set the alarm.

Any pointers would be good to know.

Fleabag

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2024, 04:31:22 PM »
My suggestion is to open a ticket with Hex code. They resolved it for me, but that resolution has not yet made it to a software update.

Once the module was recoded, the alarm fob keys worked, too.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2024, 05:42:21 PM by Fleabag »

ianr

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2024, 05:33:39 PM »
Ok, thanks.

ianr

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2024, 08:57:53 PM »
Ok, thanks. Will do.

Cowasaki

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2024, 09:42:47 PM »
I’ve got a 2023 f850gs te and wanted to add the DWA. Is this sorted now?