Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Technical / 2016 K1600GTL Windscreen Calibration error
« Last post by aangulo1 on May 23, 2024, 02:42:40 AM »
I replaced the windscreen hardware including the motor. Brand new from BMW. The windscreen is stuck (does not move) in between up an down limits. My guess is that battery was disconnected when the windscreen was in this position and as such it lost knowledge of where it is. Using GS-911 was able to navigate to the Windscreen Calibration only to proceed and receive the following "A negative response was received from the vehicle. The preconditions or sequence order was not met for this controller". Not sure what this means and maybe I am not doing the process correctly. Any pointers on how this suppose to work? Thanks!
GS-911 Wifi / Re: GS911 adds instead of program
« Last post by WayneC on May 22, 2024, 11:43:23 AM »
I have owned the GS911 since 2017. This seems to be an updated interface now.

Yes firmware has been extensively updated as has the PC Application however never has there been a report of any "Now the site constantly wants me to purchase another GS911", that is extremely odd & suggests malware on the PC

It should be reported to support https://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1

Too bad I'm in the same situation as you.

What is the model & year of the bike you have & what exactly are the fault symptoms you have ?
Hello All. I have an intermittent problem (the worst kind). BMW 2007 R1200R about 110,000Km. On a cool morning, the problem started as no power to the instruments. But bike would start and run as usual. After 10 minutes or so, things would warm up and suddenly all normal. Problem now is bike has no power at all. Like a dead battery. But as the day warms up, all back to normal.

A scan says fault code 10218 or 54105. The CAN-bus Timeout: no communication with KOMBI control unit.
candy clicker
I have checked battery voltage - about 12.7V. I have cleaned up battery terminals, and three earth points on the engine. I opened the big connectors on the (? what are they called) two computer type things under the tank and sprayed with contact cleaner. I fear I now need to look for something more specific.

Any ideas please?

Cheers

Fletch in Western Australia
Too bad I'm in the same situation as you.
« Last post by frankrca on May 22, 2024, 04:55:37 AM »
I have owned the GS911 since 2017. This seems to be an updated interface now.
« Last post by WayneC on May 22, 2024, 02:48:11 AM »
How long have you owned/used the GS911 WiFi ?
GS-911 Wifi / GS911 adds instead of program
« Last post by frankrca on May 21, 2024, 06:58:57 PM »
I used my red GS911 Wi Fi with round top yesterday with no problems. Now the site constantly wants me to purchase another GS911. The s1000RR is a 2016 model and the laptop is runni ng  on windows 7. the screen for the purchase only show a model up to a 2014. I cannot go into the program to change the service date.
General Discussion / Re: Use 911 wifi unit with USB cable
« Last post by WayneC on May 21, 2024, 02:46:22 AM »
Francois

I suspect the post is a copy/paste from another thread, I vaguely recall seeing it before
General Discussion / Re: BMW R18 Bagger aux lights TFT icon
« Last post by Fleabag on May 21, 2024, 01:12:05 AM »
Hi, Ryan, do you need any thing else?

Cheers,  Ned

Hi Fleabag

Thank you for reaching out. We're going to need a bit more information - can you send through an autoscan here (save the text file and paste the contents here) or send this through to support@hexgs911.com. With the controller information, we'll be able to better determine whether this is something we've already looked at or plan to look at at a later stage.

Kind regards
Ruan
General Discussion / Re: Use 911 wifi unit with USB cable
« Last post by Francois Barnard on May 20, 2024, 09:32:47 AM »
I apologize if this is the wrong blog but I'm having problems and looking for help.  Since the most recent update of my GS-911, it will not function when connected to WiFi.  I have confirmed the the networks (tried 3 of them) are configured properly and recognized, when connected to a laptop via USB.  But at the bike, the tool will not function.  It is connected and on a 2.4 GHz network and the light is solid green, with audible confirmations of connectivity.  But when trying to use the diagnostic functions of the tool, it finds no device.

Back to the laptop and USB, even with configured networks and verification that the device is on that network, with the laptop and so on, it still does not show up in the device list and so the device diagnostics is grayed out.

I can use the diagnostic app on my laptop with the USB cable and connected to the bike.  All works as it should then.  But I obviously need the WiFi to work as it did prior to this update.

I've reached out to Support at Hex after working with my distributer with no success.  Help?

Hi fatnlow,

Please contact support@hexgs911.com for direct and specific assistance from our support staff. I can deduce from what you have said that the using the WiFi connection was working before, but is is no longer after the latest updates? After confirming some details from your serial number I am sure they will be able to assist, so please make contact with them.

Kind regards,
Francois
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10