Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Pre-Sales Support / Re: GS 911WIFI
« Last post by Skim on Today at 07:55:58 AM »
Hi Dave,
I had the same when I purchased mine from someone else about 8 years ago. Was a piece of cake, however... I cannot remember the steps exactly. Just connect it to your PC and look around. Good luck and enjoy the unit.
Pre-Sales Support / GS 911WIFI
« Last post by DaveHaq on May 09, 2021, 10:24:00 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have purchased a 911 from a friend of mine, and it is therefore currently registered to him. Will I need to register the 911 in my name and if so, is this easy to do?

Thank you in advance for your support!!
GS-911 / Re: Support for the C-Evolution
« Last post by DCS777 on May 09, 2021, 12:09:21 AM »
So BMW have confirmed it’s a faulty throttle body. 

I’ve fixed exactly the same problem myself on my sons GS1200.  Diagnosis, replacement and recalibration was a doddle using the Gs-911.

Unfortunately, without support for the C-Evo, I’ve had to go with BMW and now have a £300 bill.

Support please!
GS-911 / Re: 2006 BMW R1200RT Brake and ABS Bleed
« Last post by Jughead on May 08, 2021, 12:25:49 PM »
I believe I have sorted this out with help from those in the know.  The ABS will not activate if there is air in any of the lines, so the air mist be bled out the lines manually.

That statement is a little misleading.  The ABS WILL activate if there is air in the system.  In fact, it will even activate without any of the brake lines connected to the pump.

It will, however, not activate if the pump senses a low fluid status.  There are 2 floats under the black cap on the pump that activate the "Level Low" switch.  Just topping up the fluid levels would have resolved the issue.
GS-911 / Re: 2006 BMW R1200RT Brake and ABS Bleed
« Last post by RoyB on May 07, 2021, 04:36:24 PM »
I believe I have sorted this out with help from those in the know.  The ABS will not activate if there is air in any of the lines, so the air mist be bled out the lines manually.  I started with my Mity-Vac and gave up on that idea.  Instead I did the typical pump and bleed by opening each of the valves in the proper sequence as outlined in the document called BMW Integral ABS Systems Flushing and Bleeding 101.  By following the process multiple times as suggested, I was able to get the ABS to activate.  Once activated, I rolled the bike off of the lift and tried the brakes with the ignition on.  The ABS activated as hoped.  I have other loose ends to tie up prior to reassembly but the bike should be back on the road in the next week or so.
Thanks to everyone who provided feedback.  I hope this helps anyone else who finds themselves in this situation.
GS-911 / Support for the C-Evolution
« Last post by DCS777 on May 06, 2021, 04:27:46 PM »
Great product! 

I use the GS-911 on my 2003 K1200LT and my 2017 R1200GS LC with great success.  But…. I also have a C-Evo which has been listed as a ‘future’ model since 2017.  It’s still not supported which is frustrating as I either have to go to a main dealer for the ridiculously simple service (no engine) or put up with the service reminder as I can’t clear it. 

Unfortunately, I’ve also now just suffered an electric drive malfunction with the bike in limp mode.  It would be great to be able to at least read the fault codes to see if it’s DIY or main dealer fix.  Without compatibility with the GS-911 my hands are tied and it’s off to Park Lane BMW for, no doubt, a wallet emptying experience.

I know that scooters are less common (and the C-Evo in particular) but it would be great to get these models included in the software.  I’m very happy to run my GS-911 on my scooter to help develop the software should that be of any use. 

Again, thanks for a great product but please add the C-Evo!
Technical / Re: Rough running 1150GS
« Last post by pvlietstra on May 06, 2021, 08:00:59 AM »
Could not find any silicon wire locally (Port Elizabeth, South Africa), but have ordered a 100m roll of 0.5mm2 on-line. In the meantime, I taped up the existing wiring, adding a little extra insulation at the connections, and so far the bike is going well.
I have also found a supplier for the CYHME56 and have measured up the back plate for lazer cutting.  I may just make-up a spare assembly, test it and keep my original as a spare.
I did not reset the timing. I made a mark on the backplate and put it back in the same position.
General Discussion / Re: -
« Last post by Jughead on May 06, 2021, 07:44:49 AM »
I just bought the z-temp and would like to know if it is compatible with the latest software release?

If not, where can I get the compatible Versions? Is it possible to downgrade Firmware on my M200?

I use Windows x64

I do believe you have the wrong forum here.
Pre-Sales Support / Re: Hi new here and about to purchase a gs-911
« Last post by Jsack on May 05, 2021, 03:53:11 PM »
Hello and welcome! Please have a look here - it should work: https://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/function_charts/xbmso1_func_chart
   thank you!! Looks like it should work!!
Pre-Sales Support / Re: Hi new here and about to purchase a gs-911
« Last post by Mats@MFT on May 05, 2021, 01:22:15 PM »
Hello and welcome! Please have a look here - it should work: https://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/function_charts/xbmso1_func_chart
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10